Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red

Chapter 22: It Was Worse Than The Grinch's or A Bull That Sees Red

FOLLOW ME!! COMMENT!!! VOTE!!!! (Remember I LOVE long comments especially cuz this chapter is different than the usual.) Not much Cember/Hunter in here, but its for a good reason. Look at the banner in chapter 20!!! Dhrunk made it and its soooo great!

"Our own little mirage that we think is the future."-A Raisin in the Sun

"People, even more than things, have to be restore, renewed, revived, reclaimed; never throw out anyone."-Audrey Hepburn

"Sometime you have to let people go. And that could be hurtful, it could feel like ripping a part of your heart and your life out. But sometimes, its for the betterment of yourself."-Me

 3rd Person’s Pov.

Hunter and December stood there for a couple of minutes before starting to walk in the direction of December’s home again. The silence was almost deafening between the two and December couldn’t take it. She wanted to know what he was thinking; what had him so quiet.

When they finally arrived at her doorstep she finally broke the silence. “Hunter, what are you thinking?” He was quiet for a couple of seconds, only the chirping of the crickets could be heard.

“Nothing, just about how odd that was. He was too okay with not telling on us. It just doesn’t feel right.” Then he paused for a second before narrowing his eyes at her. “You were on a date with Dalon? Him of all the people in the world!”

This was the second time tonight that they were bickering; well, arguing. The two bickered all the time, but they were never serious. Their arguments today seemed a little more serious than usual to December.

“I didn’t know he was your enemy till I was on the date and Jeremy said it! No one would let me finish that! I didn’t want to go on the date Hunter, so get that through your head first! And then I wouldn’t have gone out with someone the whole group obviously hates. You might think I’m naïve and stupid, but I’m not that dumb.” December yelled out.

She was beyond angry with the fact that everyone had been cutting her off that day and not letting her say what she was thinking; from her Uncle, to Jeremy, to Dalon, to even Hunter. She was fed up with it and not in the mood to continue with it.

“I—just—I never mind.” He looked away towards the sky, which December noted that he did that when he need to feel peace.

“I’m going to be gone for a couple of days. So if you’re suddenly missing my presence, that’s why.” Hunter placed his arms on the sides of December’s abdomen and pulled her closer. He glanced down at her lips but quickly averted his eyes and pulled her in for a hug.

Surprisingly December said nothing, and just enjoyed the embrace. There was nothing for to say, she’d been rendered speechless. She was even too weak to mutter a small and normal “Get your hands off of me.” She had horripilation up the sides of her arms from his caress and it made her feel warm and December didn’t know what to make of these unknown feelings. She quickly moved from his hold and put some space between them, feeling the slight chill of the nighttime air.

“Where are you going?” She asked quietly as if the moment were a fragile piece of glass that if she spoke any louder she would break it.

It was a normal and clear night; the clouds were barely by the moon, so its fullness was on display. It was illuminating Hunter’s body as if he was just a figment of December’s imagination and would disappear with a smooth gust of wind.