{48}

Brumal

(adj.) wintry

"And now you know that I don't enjoy surprises, Lilly. It gives me anxiety on a next level." I tugged my white blouse down, trying to decide if it worked with my leather pants. Shrugging and agreeing with Lilly that it did, I turned around in her direction. 

Telling her that I hated surprises wouldn't change the outcome anyway, judging by the huge smile taking up a lot of space on her face. "It doesn't really help that you look like the clown Pennywise either, please just tell me what's going on?"

She grabbed my arm and tugged me out of the safety of my room, "You need to chill for a second, Asp. This is a nice surprise, as I've told you countless times by now." Her eyes rolled to the back of her head in entertainment, and I scowled at her.

"Like I've told you countless times before, it doesn't matter how you're trying to convince me, I don't know what it is and that's bad enough." I exasperated at her in frustration, I'd already lost this fight clearly. As we neared the stairs, a lot of buzzing from people sounded from downstairs, the incredible smell of food and my mate mixed in a perfect symphony.

"Now look at that little smile on your lips, I knew you wouldn't hate it." She laughed in my face.

"I still haven't seen the surprise." My indifferent tone made her hush me up in a quick manner.

"Details, details. Now, enjoy." She gestured out into the living room where everything had been decorated to perfection, the lightbulbs hung down from the ceiling, and balloons were everywhere, they were trying to celebrate like Aurelias were rumored to do and my eyes watered by the sight. 

Meeting the eyes of a huge part of the pack, I spotted my mate immediately, the soft smile on his lips sending butterflies into my stomach. They truly had outdone themselves, trying to mingle my childhood traditions with theirs. 

Taking slow steps towards Arrax, I took everything in and smiled at the werewolves that caught my eye. Willow and her mother, Vicky, were sitting right in front of where I was supposed to be seated and I loved having them so close. It was insane that they even cared enough for me to do this and once again, emotions took over my body. 

Arrax placed his hands on my upper arms, looking into my eyes, "We wanted you to know that all of us accept you for who you are, you protected us with your heart, led with your spirit and talked only with your dignity. You've deserved to be protected and loved by everyone of us and we wanted to show you just how true that is." He explained, "It's been a rough week in this pack, a dark period, let's never forget that. But today is all about love and celebrating that our Luna is officially ready to take her rightful place and lead the pack by my side. What is it we say again?" He yelled into the crowd with a huge smile on his face.

"May the Moon Goddess always protect and love your soul!" Everyone yelled in unison, this was so much and I hadn't expected any of it. Arrax wanted to make it official and I wanted nothing more than to be the Luna of this amazing pack, I took so much pride in them accepting me. 

Facing the pack I gave them my sincerest smile, "The Dark Moon Pack really has been the best thing that has happened to me in my entire life. Meeting everyone of you, getting to know your hearts, learning your dreams and truths. Nothing, absolutely nothing, brings me more pride than the thought of being your Luna and leading next to your Alpha. So thank you for accepting me, thank you for trusting and loving me, thank you Dark Moon, for being yourself and acting with so much love and appreciation. May the Moon Goddess always protect and love your souls." After my little speech, all werewolves bowed their heads in respect for me and I loved the thought of this being my safe place for the rest of my existence, my home

"And now we eat, celebrating that the new Luna of the Dark Moon Pack has accepted her place and we celebrate to honor the lives we've lost through the years. Let's just enjoy each other and the atmosphere tonight." Arrax said and everyone ran to the buffet, trying to get food first, a small giggle left my lips by the sight.

Hands snaked themselves around my waist, where Arrax turned me to face his handsome face. Jitters made my knees weak and I tried to remember that we were in the same room as others. "Are you happy?" He asked searching my eyes.

"I've never felt this happy, Arrax. I've got you to thank for that, so thank you." I quipped, the heat rising to my cheeks by his intense gaze. This felt so right. 

"Incredible, we're both happy and seems like the pack is too. It doesn't get any better than this, baby." He smiled down at me, making my head dizzy by how close he was. His lips landed on mine, knocking the breath out of my body momentarily. Before I knew it he pulled away again and looked down to his left, where a little girl with curly hair was standing. 

Willow's grin was so big it made me smile at her, "Luna, will you come and get some food with me?" She asked and gestured towards the food table. 

"Sure thing, hun. We can't miss out on the delicious food, right?" I laughed at her, grabbing her little hand in mine and walking with her to fetch some food. Lilly was absolutely right, I loved this surprise.