Chapter 6 :" Being a Mother "

Sujatha Ramprasad Maheshwari looked at her new bahu's and she breathed a sigh of relief that comes with the knowledge ,her sons will have someone to look after them and stand by them . When she met Ram ,she didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as she did her husband that they defied his parents wish and got married which resulted in Sujatha having quite an unhappy life with her in laws .

And the only thing that made her stay in this house possible had been her sister in law Akanksha Maheshawari . They were too different from each other ,sujatha wasn't his parents choice but Akanksha was handpicked by her in laws to marry their eldest son Varun Maheshwari ,the only person who has any power to sway his parents decision .

Varun and Akanksha made it possible for them to coexist in the same house ,until Sanskar was born . Sujatha had let go of every set down by her mother in law for her husband and then she became a mother of her own and it changed everything ,Laksh may haven't been perfect but he was her son and she refused to see him grew up in a family where he was looked down on .

So when Laksh was three and Sanskar was five ,she left this house with her son . Sujatha couldn't ask her husband to leave his house for her ,so she walked out on her own choosing her son over her husband , she still remembers the anguish she had seen in her husband when he knew it was time for him to choose between his parents and them .

Ram choose her and his son ,they moved away from this house and lived quite contently on small house few miles away , Ram continued to work in the Maheshwari industries because of his brother who wouldn't have it any other way . It took more than few years for Ram parents to even talk to him when he visits and by the time they died they have at least accepted Laksh and Ram back even if she remained the outcast .

Laksh may have gained a part of his grandparents affection but he was still judged and found lacking then Sanskar , it was the reason they never moved back into the Maheshwari house afterwards even when her sister in law insisted on it . And sujatha had found peace with her life until the tragic accident that took away Sanskar parents .

Sujatha didn't cherish the memories in this house and was reluctant to move back here permanently but this house holds the memories of their parents for Sanskar and Uttara that she agreed to move back into the house . Sujatha had liked being an aunt who spoiled Sanskar and Uttara whenever she visited them or vice versa .

   And she knew that it was no longer possible ,because she was no longer just an aunt to them but the next mother figure in their life . It had been easy for Uttara to accept the change of dynamics and in truth Sujatha loved her like daughter even before the accident, so it hasn't been hard for her either . She always wanted a daughter but Sanskar was different . 

  Sanskar had been 18 and in the first year of his college life when his parents died ,he wasn't a kid or an adult which made him harder to deal with , awhile Uttara was 6 years younger than him and needed an mother figure in her life.

  Fortunately Ram gained more acceptance from Sanskar ,not only did her husband who had no real interest to take over the Maheshwari industries found himself as the acting CEO until Sanskar could step up. He also became the head of the household and for the next few years he did his best to the point of exhausting himself that no one had been prepared for his death that resulted from a heart attack . 

  Sujatha was crushed by the loss of her husband ,Laksh was shaken by the suddenness of his father death, Uttara was distraught enough that she jumped on a plane to be far away from those memories  but it had been Sanskar who had to step up this time around and he did a good job of it that sujatha though the elder felt she had been relaying on him until his PA told her that he was overworking himself as well .