Chapter 34

I shake the thoughts out of my head as I pull a sweatshirt over my head and start my descend to the back yard. As soon as I get out the back door, Joe notices and jogs over to me.

"Do you need help?" He asks.

I shake my head no, "I've got it, thanks."

He walks beside me as we reach the wicker outdoor furniture they have surrounding the pit.

I sit down on the small couch and Joe sits beside me. Nick takes a sip of his beer from the chair across from us. He makes eye contact with me and smiles and i let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Does he know about Joe and me?

"How are you feeling Trin?" Kevin asks as he hands me a bottle of water.

"A bit weird still, but I'll be fine." I say.

Joe wraps his arm around my shoulder, cozying up to me. I freeze and look at Nick but he's not paying attention. He seems unfazed and I relax against Joe.

"I must warn you Trin, tomorrow we have a bunch of people coming over to celebrate Kev's birthday a few days early." Danielle says.

"Oh, that's fine." I say.

"It's not really fine." Kevin says, giving Danielle the side eye.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"Kevin doesn't like being the center of attention and didn't want a party." Nick says. I look at him and his eyes don't leave mine as he takes another drink. I feel my stomach flip.

"I just don't think it's that big of a deal." Kevin says.

"Don't be silly." Danielle says and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"It will be fun." Joe says, squeezing my shoulder. I giggle and he smiles at me.

"I'm gonna go check on dinner." Danielle says, standing up.

"I'll help you with that." Nick says as he gets up to join her. I watch them as they walk by us and into the house.

"You okay? You seem on edge." Joe whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, I'm good." I reply.

"If you are worried about Nick, I told him and he's okay." he assures me.

"That's good." I say, but why am I not okay?

We eat Danielle's delicious lasagna and talk mostly about the party tomorrow. I agree with help Danielle with whatever I physically can since I'll be here all day.

Joe and Nick carry on conversations together like normal and I'm thankful. Joe keeps his hand on my thigh throughout, until he gets up to help Danielle and the boys clean up.

"I feel useless." I say as we make it back outside to the fire.

"Your legs broken. You have an excuse." Kevin says.

"But still." I frown.

"Don't worry about it Trin." Nick says. I trip on a clump of dirt and start to loose my footing. Nick grabs onto my arm as I'm about to fall, catching me just in time.

"Woah, you okay?" He asks before letting go after I'm steady.

"Yes, thank you." I say.

"Nice catch bro." Joe says, in an amusing tone.

Nick shrugs before going back to his original seat at the fire. I stay standing, leaning on my crutches. Joe gathers some more wood, throwing it on the flame. Danielle sits on Kevin's lap, wrapping an arm around his neck.

Sucker For You | Jonas Brothersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें