Chapter 20

The next few days brought with it intense rains, an angry grey-black sky and winds, howling like hyenas on the prowl

For Eleanor and Nathan, that put a hitch in their plan to search Hadleigh's residence here in India, leaving them to go through the plan once again in Nathan's study.

'It is a shame we couldn't go today,' Eleanor sighed as they stared down at the plans of the run-down manor Hadleigh was said to have taken residence in.

Nathan sighed in reply and ran a hand down his face. 'Indeed. I was hoping to have formed some strategy by now. The horrendous rains have ruined that, though.'

'Well,' Eleanor said taking a seat. 'I'm sure we can find some other way to entertain ourselves. Do not tell me you are planning to scheme the entirety of to-day.'

Nathan smiled at her devilishly and began advancing towards her. 'Yes, I believe there is a certain game we can play to rid ourselves of boredom,' he said darkly and drew her out of the chair on which she sat and towards him.

Eleanor felt her heart squeeze in delight and she squealed in laughter as her husband began to rain kisses down on her. 'No, Nathan,' she begged in-between fits of giggles until they dissolved into laboured heaves.

Dear Lord, this man will be the death of me!

'Why not, love?' Nathan teased. 'Is this not enjoyable?'

'It is,' she managed to get out. 'Which is why we should stop while we can. Anymore and this day will go to waste.' Mustering up all her willpower, she pushed the lusting man off her person and stared into his eyes. 'We must be productive.'

Nathan sighed but withdrew and Eleanor felt the loss of him profoundly. The past few days had been amazing. He husband showered her with kisses every morning, accompanied her on walks around the property and once, even took her to the local market and bought her a couple exotic scarves which she fancied! And at night – oh, at night! – he climbed with her to euphoric highs leaving Eleanor greatly satisfied and also a little tired out. Of course, the tiredness was worth it. And now, when she thought back to all those lovely moments, she didn't think she wanted to leave him when this was all over. She loved him, she was sure of that. How could she leave Nathan when she loved him? But, at the same time, she still wanted freedom. Was it possible that she could have both? Could she have both without jeopardising the other?

'Fine. Productive, we shall be. How about practicing your shooting?' Nathan's eyes twinkled when he smiled down at her.

Eleanor groaned but got up from her seat. 'I fail to see how that can be both productive and enjoyable.'

'You will be surprised at how enjoyable that is once you've actually gotten the hang of it, darling,' Nathan said moving to the door and holding out a hand to her. 'What say, darling? Will it be shooting? Or, should we abandon the idea and go back to doing what we were earlier?'