Chapter 6

"Ah, Miss Kellum," the bartender said, holding his arms out in welcome when I entered the bar later that evening. He smiled, and I could tell that it was forced by the way it didn't reach his eyes. Something had happened, and I had a feeling that he didn't know how I would react to that thing. However, it wasn't his place to tell, even if he wanted to tell it to me. "How are you today?"

"Shitty," I grunted, sitting in front of him. I moved a hand across my face, wanting this day to end but knowing that I still had to get more information about what had happened to the Hannise Rogue Group and call the king to let him know what was happening.

The bartender, named Vander, raised an eyebrow and leaned forward. "Oh?" he asked. "And how was today shitty?" he drawled, cocking his head. He smirked when I scowled. "Come on, Miss Kellum. I might be able to help."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, pulling a fifty out from my pocket. "The only way that you can help..." I all but purred, leaning forward and placing it on the table in front of me, "is to let me play with the big boys tonight."

Vander scowled and narrowed his eyes. That was one thing that he didn't want to do, and I could tell that it was because of the man that controlled the whole thing. "Are you going to start any fights like the last five times I had let you in?"

I shrugged my shoulder and smirked. "Come on, Vander," I said. "We both know that it wasn't my fault." I moved the fifty around and moved it across the table, slowly. "I could always find another bar..." I trailed off and raised an eyebrow, waiting to see what he would do.

Vander sighed and shook his head, his shoulders sagging. "No place will want you," he said, coldly and making me snort. He took the money from the counter and stuffed it into his pocket, huffing. "Fine, but I am going to send you the bill if things get out of hand."

"Of course you will," I said, hopping off of the barstool. "Just like the other four times, I had gotten into a fight. I am still waiting on those, and it had been what..?" I cocked my head and narrowed my eyes at him. "Four months ago for the last one?"

Vander scowled and narrowed his eyes. He knew that I would pay for the damage that I had caused, but he never sent me a bill for some reason. All he did was say he would send me that bill if I got out of hand.

"So, does that mean I am free to go back?" I asked. I knew I could jump over the counter and go back there myself, but I wasn't in the mood for a fight with him. I needed the information on this group and didn't need to be kicked out.

Vander grumbled something about me being 'stupid' and a 'bitch,' but he nodded his head and lifted the counter that blocked me from going to the back. "No fights, Kellum," he warned as I walked past him.

I paused and look at him, my hand on the door. I smirked, instantly feeling tired and knew that it had been a very long and stressful day. "No promises," I said softly. With that, I walked into the back, praying that they would have the information I needed.

If not, then there would be hell to pay.

***

"Hello, Boys," I said, seeing most of the patrons here. I frowned when I noticed four open seats, wondering where the men that occupied them were. I knew that they were supposed to be there, but I knew better than to ask until I was dealt in. I looked at the head male and raised an eyebrow. "Mind if I join?"

"No," the male said, scowling at me. "Why are you even back here? Thought I told Vander not for you to be let in."

"And, yet, here I am," I said. I pulled out four wads of one hundred dollar bills and held them out to him. "I have four grand. Are you sure that I can't join, Xander?" I raised an eyebrow.

The male, Xander, scowled but gestured for an Omega to come over to him. He looked at the Omega. "Deal her in," he said before turning his hard gaze to me. "Money on the table, Kellum, before you sit down."

"Jacket off, too," another person said.

"Shut up, Aberforth," Xander snarled, glaring at him. He grunted when the male muttered an apology and turned to look at me. "Jacket off. Any weapons?"

"Of course," I replied, rolling my eyes. I tossed the four wads in front of Xander and took off my jacket. My gun was in plain view, and I rolled my eyes when most of them growled and narrowed their eyes at me. "Shut up. It's not like I am going to pull it out and use it." I placed my jacket on the back of the chair that an Omega had brought over for me and gave them a stink eye when they reached for it.

"Leave it alone," Xander said, sounding amused. He leaned back in his seat and shifted his gaze between the two of us. "You could lose a finger. Kellum, no fighting."

I rolled my eyes and watched as the Omega backed away from me. "Ya, I know," I grunted. I sat down at the table, knowing full well that he wouldn't say anything about the gun. "No fighting unless I want to be kicked out without my money and the information I want. Deal me in."

Xander nodded and gestured for the man with the cards to deal me in. He watched as the male did before putting the money I had placed in front of him onto the pile of cash already sitting there.

"Thanks," I grunted when someone gave me some of those poker chips. I placed three of them in the middle and looked at my cards to see what I had.

"So, what information did you want that you are risking your life to get?" Xander asked, raising an eyebrow. "Everyone hates you."

"Apparently not as much as this dude," I muttered, flicking through my cards. I glanced at Xander, my gaze cold, and raised an eyebrow. "Can I get it?"

Xander frowned but nodded his head. He watched as I reached into my pocket and pulled out a note before tossing it to him.

"That is why."

"What else?" he asked, folding the note and tossing it back to me. He had a feeling that there was something more, and I had no idea how.

I stuffed the note back into my pocket and looked at him, scowling. "The Hannise Rogue Group had been attacked, and from what I can tell, everyone has been killed. Men, women, and even children were murdered out of cold blood." I leaned forward. "I want information on who did it and why they had done it. I want their blood on my hands and kill them slowly until they beg for mercy. But most of all, I want revenge."