Chapter 52 | Gender reveal

'Do you got plans tonight, baby?
I was hoping I could get lost in your paradise
The only thing I'm thinking 'bout is you and I
And I can't get you off my mind'

(c" ,_)

*(A/N) it has been a long while so if you forgot, Ray is pregnant but no one knows thus far*

3 months later

"Ace could you help me with putting these away?" I enter the house with shopping bags filled with baby clothes.

"Why did you carry those by yourself?" Ace glares at the bodyguard that was assigned to me as he waits outside beside the car.

"Because," I kiss his cheek given I haven't seen him all day, "they're baby clothes and there aren't many."

I shut the door behind us and walk to the kitchen to get some chocolate. I felt arms sneak around my belly and Ace's head rest on my shoulder.

"What have you been doing all day?" I curiously ask.

"Answering some business emails and making you some fresh cookies," he mumbles.

"Did Blake come and bother you today?" Blake, Ace's best friend, has been bothering us none stop ever since he found out the news.

"Blake, could you grab a plate from the kitchen please?" I ask, having bought a plate that spells out the words "best future uncle."

When he gets up, I look over at Ace nervous to see him smiling too. They have become a lot closer after everything that has happened and Ace finally admitted to him being his best friend.

We hear a thud in the kitchen and no sound that follows. We wait and without a doubt, Blake walks in as he continues staring at the plate.

"What does this mean?" He asks the both of us.

"That's weird," I begin, "I didn't think you would find out I'm pregnant like this." I finish off with a smile as I see his eyes grow as wide as his face.

"WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?" He explodes with questions that Ace had to cut off after they became repetitive.

"No, much to his dismay, he had to handle something outside of town," he laughs at something unsaid and walks off to grab water. "How was your shopping trip?"

"It would've been better with you around," I pout. Ace has been swarmed with work ever since expanding the companies he own for the future sake of our child.

"You know you kill me instead when you say that," he furrows his eyebrows and plants a gentle kiss that covers the pout that I've made.

"Did the doctor call?" I suddenly remember. She was supposed to call to tell us the gender of the baby although I insisted we wait until the birth.

"Not yet, she should be calling before their office closes," he smiles at the mention of our kid and caresses my slightly rounder belly.

"If he turns out to be a boy, you owe me big time," I joke, knowing he thinks it's a girl.

"I just want her to be healthy," he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to take a nap upstairs, wake me the second she calls," I demand, trying to look serious.

"Yes I will," he pecks my lips twice before letting me go sleep.

After the slight struggle of the stairs, I lay in bed and think of all the people who we haven't told yet; Noah being one of them.

"Shouldn't we tell your dad first?" Ace wonders out loud, which annoys me.

"He's barely considered a friend, we can just tell him later," I shut the argument down with my sassy comment.

It's not that I don't want to tell him, I feel awkward calling a stranger and tell him that he's going to be a grandfather.

With those thoughts, I drift to sleep.

"..ay... Ray," I hear a gentle whisper near my ear and I grunt in response.

"Lauren is on the phone," he informs me of the nurse in charge of us. My eyes shoot wide open and I get help to sit up straight.

"Hello?" We hear on the speaker.

"Yes, we're here," I respond with a raspy voice.

"Oh fantastic. As I was saying, we have the results to the gender test requested. Would you like to hear it now or wait until you can come to the hospital?"

"We want to know," I say impatiently and feel Ace's chest move with stifled laughter.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. King, it looks like you're having a boy."

*
aaahhhh it has been so so long since I updated and there are a million of reasons and excuses no one wants to hear about. Thank you so much for waiting and this is the long awaited updated. I am rusty on the story and my writing but I will try my best to deliver a good closure.

I want to update more often for everyone (hopefully) that's staying at home and keeping distance from anyone who isn't family. I think I will end the story in the next two chapters because I honestly don't love it anymore. However, it's not fair for those who have been waiting for Ace and Ray's story to finish. I hope you enjoyed and stay safe!