Chapter 10 | Scars

'You
Said you'd follow me anywhere
But your eyes
Tell me you won't be there'

(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Ace had to take a call and left me alone in the room soon after our kiss. In that time, I decide to fix myself up since I haven't been outside this bed for days.

When I saw my reflection in the mirror, I flinched slightly before composing myself.

The stitched scar that stood out the most was the one going diagonally into my eyebrow. It's what you would see in movies of pirates with cool scars, so I don't mind it too much other than my eyebrow was shaved in the area it was stitched and I don't think the hair will grow back.

The next thing to notice is the black eye and bruised chin, but they seem to be fading away.

Deciding to take a shower, or attempt, I took off my clothes and stared at my mirror touching every new bruise or scar. My entire body was covered in old and new injuries that didn't make me look the most attractive.

Sighing, I stepped into the shower, careful to not get any of the stitches wet by using all needs possible.

When I got out, I remembered it wasn't my room and I have zero clothes. Slowly walking outside to the closet that was in Ace's room in my towel, I picked the largest hoodie I could find with some boxers turning them to a dress-pajama outfit. I put my hair up in a neat bun and apply some lotion on my exposed legs, then head downstairs.

"I said to not do anything with them yet, understand?" I hear Ace saying coldly to the phone in the movie room.

When he hung up, I walked further down the stairs till our eyes met. He looked me up and down, and swallowed very harshly for some reason.

"Hey," I walk up to him. "Are you sure you can get out of bed? You should be resting," he says.

I smile at him and say, "I'm peachy, it's okay." He hums in response and pulls me to his chest slowly, careful not to hurt anything on my body.

"Who were you talking to?" I mumble to his chest, feeling him stiffen.

"No one important," he answers to my hair. I pull away slightly to see his face causing him to frown.

"Was it about Daniel and Danielle?" When he doesn't answer, I take it as a yes. "Can you let them go from wherever they're at?"

"You want me to just let go the people that abused you for years?" He says with a voice that's trying to remain calm.

"No," I start, seeing him relax a bit I continue, "i want you to let go the people that took me in from the streets for years. Sure I was miserable, but I think you did enough damage to Daniel, and Danielle is a weak lady! You can't hit weak ladies, Ace!"

He seems to be going over it in his head, and he pulls away from the half hug we were sharing which starts to freak me out.

A thousand thoughts begin to appear in my mind suddenly, which freaks me out even further. All the conversations from five days ago, their looks as they brought out a baseball bat to beat me with it, all the new injuries suddenly feel like I was set on fire.

I could hear Ace from very far away, almost like at an end of the tunnel, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I couldn't breathe, and that's what I was focusing on. I tried to breathe in and out of my mouth to get larger amounts of air, but it just started to make me feel dizzy.

"Ray! God damnit!" I hear yelling in my ear. I look around panicked, until I saw two very familiar stormy eyes looking very fearful.

"Okay, that's it birdie, focus on my voice, my eyes, my touch. Don't think about anything, just calm down," I hear the voice instruct and I try to do what he says.

When I finally get my breathing under control thanks to Ace telling me how to, i look him in the eye weakly and see how panicked he looked.

"You're okay," I crook out and move my arm up to pat his hair weakly.

Before he could say anything, I slowly pass out.

A c e

I immediately called a doctor when Ray passed out again. I didn't know what to do, I was helpless. I don't know what she was going through, I don't know what happened.

"King," my personal doctor said, coming out of the guest bedroom I put Ray in. "The reaction she had was completely normal, seeing she was in a very vulnerable situation. However, it also seems that all the stress is getting to her heart, which I'm sure she told you doesn't work very well. From what I've heard, she's a quiet girl for a reason. Her heart can't handle what people like us handle in the business."

"James, what you suggest I do?" I say sternly, not allowing to show my feelings.

"Kid, i have known you since you were the size of a peanut. Never in my life have I seen you so caring about someone. I say talk to her, and be extra careful with this one. Don't mess it up, she's the epitome of a gem."

I take a deep breath to compose myself and look back at him as he explains the meds he'll be putting Ray on.

*

I got my first two voters, a little while ago which made me so excited. I also had to rewrite this chapter 3 times to make it good enough for the readers, so I'm sorry for being somewhat late, haha..