Chapter 3 | Classes everywhere

'I'm in need of a savior
But I'm not asking for favors
My whole life I felt like a burden
I think too much and I hate it'

(^)

After I talked to Ace, I kept thinking about him. I'm not usually used to guy contact at all so that's my reason for the beating heart.

Turns out, we both have a business class together. Once I walked in, i saw his hair since he looked like he was napping and sat next to him.

"Pss, hello," i whisper and gently nudge him, scared he'll get mad.

He looks up ready to glare at whoever was disturbing him, but ended up staring at me which is a start, i guess.

"I didn't know you majored in business!" I exclaimed, excited I had someone I knew in this class.

"What do you major in? Why do I see you everywhere?" He asks quietly, not wanting people to hear our conversation since they were all wide-eyed at us.

"I'm majoring in medicine and minoring in business," I tell him excited.

He hums and smiles at me while we continue talking about the class and random things.

I kept feeling his stare throughout the class, but I couldn't look him in the eye in case I missed anything during the lecture.

"Do you have another lecture after this?" He whispers while the professor is talking.

"No, Tuesdays are my chill day, i only have two classes then off to the clinic," I tell him softly.

"Why do you work there? It's not in the safest part of town."

"Someone has to pay for my college, student loans are not an option in my book."

"What about your parents? You're still very young, I'm sure they would've offered," the mention of my parents makes me go still and laugh nervously.

"I don't want to trouble them, they do so much to me... for me," he hums in response but doesn't break eye contact. It's as if his stormy eyes are looking for the lie behind the statement.

When the lecture ends, everyone gets up from their seats and exit quickly while I take my time thanks to my bruised ribs that don't allow me to do anything normally.

Ace seems to notice my hesitation and stands next to me waiting.

"Uh, you can go if you want," I look up to see him folding his arm, smirking at me.

"Come on and stop being a grandma."

"I— Uh.. im not a grandma!" I stand up and slam my hands on the table, not too loudly, but end up sitting back down when the pain spreads everywhere.

I look up to see Ace no longer in his last stance, instead he's kneeling down looking somewhat worried.

"Hey, hey, what happened? Are you okay?" He asks urgently.

"Peachy," i say out of breath.

He sighs, and before I could tell him that he could leave, im being picked up bridal style making me panic.

"Ace," i whisper, embarrassed causing him to stiffen a little. "I can walk by myself, just give me five more minutes."

"Five more minutes, and the next lecture would start," he whispers back. "I'll drop you off at your house, is that okay?"

I didn't want to tell him the truth so I took a deep breath thinking of an excuse not to, "my parents aren't home and I forgot my keys. I was gonna go to the clinic right away after the class," I explain.

"I guess we're going to my house," he mutters under his breath.

"We really don't have to," i say but seem to go unnoticed.

When we got to the hallway, everyone was staring at us, probably wondering why the quiet boy is carrying the shy girl.

I put my head in the crook of his neck and whisper quietly in his ear, "they're staring."

"Let them, they must have boring lives if they find this interesting," he whisper back in my ear, and I have to fight the shiver that I felt in my spine.

"Your breath smells minty, i like it," i say causing his chest to move, which I would guess means he's laughing so i quickly look up from his neck to his face and see his eyes looking at me in adoration. That enough causes my heart to skip a beat.

As we're walking, i see Rose with her jaw dropped and mouths 'you're telling me everything later'

After what felt like forever, we finally make it to his luxurious car and he speeds off.

*

I just finished watching the finals of the World Cup and let me tell you, i was heated. Everyone around me was rooting for Croatia but me and i received so much hate for it, but you know what? WE STILL W O N !!