7

Evan's POV:

I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good to be kissed like that.

I let it live for several seconds before I pull my head back from her, and now she's just staring at me.

"Lexi, I'm sorry- that was-" my words hang up on my throat.

What was that?

"Thank you for that, but I um- yeah." I stutter and wipe my lips off.

I am married.

"Scott's an idiot, Evan." She shakes her head and looks at me with the softest eyes.

"He's-" I was going to defend him, but Lexi is right. He is an idiot.

I haven't been kissed like Lexi just kissed me in a while. Scott used to kiss me that way, but it hasn't been that way in months. I miss the affection. I miss being touched and loved like that.

I bite my cheek and look at the teen standing in my kitchen.

"Why'd you kiss me, Lexi?" I whisper, replaying those seven seconds over in my head.

"I-I don't know. You just... looked like you could use it." She says, a tiny grin playing on her lips.

I grin a little, finding her response funny. "You're sweet."

"Are you upset?" Lexi asks me.

I take a moment before I answer. Am I?

"Upset isn't a good word. Just... surprised." I confess.

Her head nods and she tucks her hair behind her ear, "I know your date got cancelled and all, but is it okay if I stay for a while?"

She's pushing.

"I guess that's okay." I nod slowly and look down at my dress and thighs, "I'm going to go change. I'm a bit overdressed." I smirk.

When I turn I feel her eyes on my body and I try to ignore it, but I like the attention.

I go upstairs and change out of my dress and pull my fingers through my curls.

I stare at myself in the mirror and shake my head, "what are you doing, Evan?"

I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't know why I liked the fact that Lexi kissed me. I shouldn't like that. Hell, I shouldn't have even let her feel comfortable enough to do such a thing.

I pull my hair up into a ponytail and wipe off my lipstick, taking what remains of Lexi's taste with it.

I dress myself in shorts and a tee, then head back downstairs to the dimly-lit living room.

Lexi's eyes track me from the bottom of the stairs over to the couch and I sit down, folding one leg and pulling the other to my chest, "you wouldn't rather spend your Friday night elsewhere?"

She sighs and props her feet on the couch, "not really. My life isn't all that exciting, if you haven't noticed." She smirks.

"What about Katie?" I ponder, knowing that her best friend was pretty outgoing and wild when I taught her.

Lexi's blue eyes roll and flutter. "Ugh. She's being such a-" she stops and glances at Grace, who is locked on the TV.

"She's zoned out. You can say it." I giggle and glance at my daughter.

"She's being a dumb whore, for lack of a better phrase." Lexi shrugs.

My brows raise and I fight my smirk hard. "Oh, okay then..."