GHOST OF YOU

2| First Meeting

2| First Meeting

"Kinda glad we packed sleeping bags, huh?" My father said as he threw our dinner remains in our bag of trash.

"Yeah, huh when is our furniture arriving?" I asked as I lugged my sleeping bag up the creaky stairs.

"Should be tomorrow but honestly who knows" my father replied.

I grinned at my dad. "So now that we live in a creepy house that's most definitely haunted, can I start a cult?" I asked, teasing.

"You sounded exactly like your mother just then" he replied, chuckling.

I reached my room and threw my bag inside. My father had followed me to my room and opened up my wardrobe. "Settled all your cloth-" he cut off.

I straightened up as he reached a hand out and picked up the photograph of my mother. He seemed sad for a moment. "Do you believe that she would've loved it here?" He asked, distractedly.

"Yes, every creak and every mark on the wall would've had a story and mum would've made it her lifes mission to find out every detail of the mystery this house holds" I replied.

He turned to look at me, with watery eyes. Sighing quietly, I moved towards him and hugged my father around the waist. "Wherever we were, she would've loved it" I replied, also trying to stop myself from crying.

My father hugged me back before planting a kiss onto the top of my head. "Get some rest sweetheart" he said, unwounding his arms.

He placed the photograph back it's spot as I let go of him. "Goodnight" he said before leaving the room.

I closed the door and used my phone light to roll out my sleeping bag. Moonlight shone in through my wide windows, casting my room in a blue hue. Laying down, I zipped myself up into the bag before snuggling into the blanket. My eyes slowly closed.

"Reena" a voice whispered.

I shot up in my blanket, tugging it closer to me as I looked around the room. "Hello?" I asked the empty dark room.

I cursed myself. It was always the person who said "Hello" in movies that was the first to die.  "Reena" the voice said again.

"Who's there? Dad if you're playing a prank on me, I swear to God, god won't save you" I said kinda loudly.

"Sheesh, you'll wake him up" the voice said, making me jump.

Movement started by the corner of my eye and I turned my head to see a boy my age, leaning casually on my window. He looked different, dressed up in clothes not of this time. My body went into shock when I realised I could see through him.

The boy frowned. "Can you see me?" He asked, watching me carefully.

I nodded slowly as shock coursed across his face.  "Who-ho ar-re you-u?" I stuttered, moving back across the floor.

"Loki Peakes, I used to live here and this was my room" he replied casually.

"You-u're a-a-a g-ghost!" I exclaimed.

Loki Peakes moved towards me and I scrambled back, throwing myself flat against the wall. "Hey! I'm not going to hurt you!" The ghost said, sounding hurt.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "I'm dreaming, ghosts aren't real, I'm dreaming, ghosts aren't real" I started to chant.

"Yeah, look I don't have all night, can you just not wreck my house or I'll have to haunt you or some shit" the ghost said.

I opened my eyes and finally looked at him properly. "You're real, aren't you?" I asked, sounding almost stupid.

The boy snorted. "I'd say in the flesh but you know- I'm dead and all that" he replied, heavy with sarcasm.

My eyes widened. He chuckled. "You've gone white, almost like you've seen a ghost" he said before chortling.

I slowly sat up, hiding my shaking hands. "What do you want?" I asked, trying to show I wasn't scared.

"Well, I'd like to be alive, rich, and I don't know, a new house would be gre-" he was saying before I cut him off.

"With me, what do you want with me?" I reasked.

He peered at me for a moment, studying me. "You can see me, that makes you interesting because no one should be able to see me, let alone hear me" Loki replied.

I blinked. He rolled his eyes. "Are you capable enough to understand what I'm saying?" He asked, tilting his head.

He might be a ghost but he was a jerk. "If you're calling me dumb than no, I'm not dumb, I'm just a little astounded that ghosts are real and I'm going to be living alongside one who's a complete jerk" I fired back.

A smirk flitted across his face. "We're going to get along just fine" he said, crossing his arms.

"So what's your deal?" He asked as his form moved back to the window.

The moon shone through him, only making this weirder. "My deal?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Why wasn't I running out of this room screaming? Seriously, what was wrong with me.

"Yeah, how come you ended here in this miserable town?" He asked, turning his head to look out the window.

"My mother died and the memories were too painful for my dad" I replied, glancing down.

I looked up to see Loki studying me. "So what's your name?" He asked.

"Reena Styron, and you are?" I asked trying to remember his last name.

"Loki Peakes" he replied.

"So you're the boy that died fifteen years ago?" I asked, a little curious.

"God no, he was an ass, I died in 1865" Loki replied.

My eyes widened. "And you haven't, I don't know, moved on?" I asked cautiously.

Loki sighed. "I can't" he replied.

I was about to ask but Loki turned his head to look at me. "It's a long story, look you should go to sleep" he said, pushing away from the window and walking towards my door.

"Will you be here tomorrow?" I asked.

Something about the ghost was curious. I liked talking to him. "I'm here always, you only have to say my name and I'll appear" he said, shooting me a look.

He disappeared through the door and I moved back towards my sleeping bag. Climbing in, I looked back at the door before closing my eyes.

A/N

We meet our resident sarcastic ghost, Loki Peakes.

Trust me, you will love him by the end of this book. What did you think of their first encounter?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxoxoxo