5

Aubrey

I paced back and forth in the holding cell, thinking of ways to get out of this mess.

Why did I ever agree to this shit? I still found it hard to believe Tyler would do such a thing to me.

Fuck... it shouldn't be hard to believe. It's Tyler. He is capable of anything and everything.

I was such a idiot to think Tyler would entrust his parcel to me?

Foolish. Foolish.

Drexel was right. I should have just stayed away from him... better still, I should have stopped sleeping with him. How could I have been so blind?

What would become of me now? Will I ever get out of here? How many years would I serve in jail? Three years? Four years? Ten?

No no no... drugs and a dead body.... Lucas's dead body.

My chest tightened.

I raked my fingers through my hair.

I hate myself so much! I hate myself for getting involved with that narcissistic bastard.

"What was I thinking?" I voiced out the question that had been roaming in my head for hours now.

I should have listened to Amelia. If I had, I wouldn't be here right now, but what did I do?! I went ahead with this fucking mission, thinking Tyler Bresfort wouldn't let any harm come to me.

I was such a fool! A very big one... I thought I meant something to him. Now I know, I was nothing but a sex doll. A cooking fucking machine!

I noticed a man in uniform, unlocking the holding cell door.

Are they letting me go?

The man motioned to me to stretch out my hands, and when I did, the man cuffed me.

Nope.

"Follow me." He said.

He grabbed my arm and I followed him through a small and long hallway in the station.

We took a left, then we entered into a room.

It was like an interrogation room, like in the movies. The man pulled me to a sitting position and cuffed my hands to the iron on the small interrogation table.

I looked around, I was pretty sure there were people behind that large tinted two way mirror.

This is really serious.

I swallowed hard and looked at my cuffed hand, what in hell am I going to do now? There's no way out of this?

Or maybe if they could let me contact that Bresfort bastard, I would be out of here. Would I?

I tried to bite back the tears that was threatening to emerge.

What have I done to myself?

The door opened, revealing a stern looking man with fitted black suit, he looked to be the same age as Tyler. He was holding the briefcase from my car in his left hand, along with a file. when he reached me, he placed the briefcase on the table and took a seat Infront of me.