Chapter 6/My Friends are Nosy

*PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!*

I walk out of the room. When I shut the door I see who's it is if I remember right. I open the door again. "Derek? This is your dorm room?" I say while he flops down on his bed.

"Yeah? So?" He says while sucking a few last drop of the blood in the bags.

"So this means somebody put a secret passage way in your room." I point at the closet.

He turns his head to look at me."Not just any person made that passage. I did." He gets up from the bed and shuts the door on me. "Go to your dorm room!" He yells at me.

"But what am I supposed to say to my friends? 'Um sorry I disappeared for a week. I just turned into a wolf and didn't know how to control it!'" I frown and put my hands on my hips.

He opens the door. "Don't worry about it. The only thing they know is that your parents wanted to see you for some reason. Now go. I need sleep." He slams the door on me again.

What have I missed the passed week? I guess classes start...well tomorrow I think. Caleb said that I have been gone for a week. And Mrs.Ladova said that classes start in about a week. I hope Maggie and Rachel don't hate me for being gone so long. I can't just tell them the truth. If I do what will happen? I don't even know. I will just wait till Mrs.Ladova and Derek say it's okay.

While I walk to my dorm I see a few Vampire in the halls playing games. Except they stop playing while I am walking through the hallway. I hear a few people saying things like,'I thinks she the girl that got kidnapped' or, 'ain't she the girl that was naked when somebody found her in a cave?' How does word fly so quickly that I was found naked in a cave? How did somebody get the idea that I was kidnapped?

I turn the other corner to finally see my dorm room door wide open. I walk in to find Rachel on the floor like she always is. And then Maggie is...reading upside down by hanging on to rope. I just stare at her. I was never expecting to see that when I walked into this door.

"Beth?" I hear Rachel say.

After a second Maggie looks over at Rachel and then at me. "Beth!" Before she can calmly drop down to the ground she just falls down head first. "Ow." But she gets over getting hurt easily. "Where have you been!" She runs over to me and hugs me like a bear.

"Didn't somebody tell you?" Rachel stops laying on the floor and stands next to Maggie.

They look confused for a second but then they get it. "Oh that story that your parents wanted to see you? Pfft nobody believes that. So what's the real story? You can tell us!" I walk into the room and fall on my bed.

"Honestly I don't remember. It has been a blur for the past week." I close my eyes for about a second but then I feel something burning. I look and see the sun is out. I roll off the bed and crawl into the corner. I look and see that I heal quickly.

"What's wrong?" Rachel asks me.

"The spell didn't work on me for some reason. The sun is still a pain-in-the-ass for me." Before I can say anything else Maggie and Rachel have gone and shut all the blinds and anything that will show light. "Thanks."

"Now can you tell us the real story? Something they also told us was that the sun spell worked on you. But I guess not. Liars."

"Can we not talk about this right now? I have had a very long morning." They look disappointed but agree. I look at the book in her hand. "So what book is that?"

I don't need to say anything more. "Well it's about this girl that has to choose between five things called 'factions' she is this thing called 'divergent' so it's harder for her to choose. Divergent means to be different. I guess we are Divergent when you think about it. The odd people out of everybody else." She looks sad for a second. "Anyway. It's really good. You should read it."