Ch. 21

No matter how many times I tried reading my book I couldn't help but replay the events that went down during homecoming. I was still pretty angry about what happened, I mean no one deserves to go through something like that. I'm just glad I at least got there when I did. The sun's starting to peek through the window, meaning I have successfully been keeping an eye on them both all night.

I want to go and make them breakfast, but I don't feel like I can leave. Sure, Laine told me and Cassy to stay until she fell asleep and I've been here longer than asked, but still. I've just been closely watching the two in case either, mostly Laine, had any nightmares. However, they've both been sleeping well. There hasn't been a change in heart rate so that's my biggest indicator.

If only she could have at least a day to rest after yesterday's events, but unfortunately there's still so much more stuff that needs to be done. We need a game plan for the group of wolves and vampires, she still has to attend school which is tomorrow, and Danny... well being awake all night gave me an idea for him, so I'm not too worried.

"Kat?" A very groggy voice whispered. I looked up as Cassy began stretching. Then she noticed she was in bed with Laine instead of on the window seat and sat up. "Wha- When did I?-"

"I put you there. Calm down." I smiled.

"Oh.. how long have you been up?"

"Since yesterday morning."

This confused Cassy for a few seconds until it clicked. "You didn't sleep? Aren't you tired?"

I just shrugged. "Can you stay here while I go and make us some food?"

Cassy nodded and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Alright, I'll call you when it's ready."

I went downstairs and debated on what to make. I figured the classic pancakes, bacon, and eggs would do. Just as I was done I heard the patter of footsteps make their way downstairs. I look over and see the two getting seated at the table.

"Just in time." I placed their plates in front of them. Despite having slept all night Laine looks exhausted.

"Thank you." They both said in unison. We all began eating in silence which left me to decide on what to say. After a while I just got straight to the point.

"Laine, I know yesterday was pretty rough so, if you want you can stay here while Cassy and I go to her dad's to figure out our next move."

"It's fine, I'll go. I could use the distraction." Laine said playing with the remainder of her food.

"Alright." I get up and take everyone's plates. "Well, why don't you and Cassy head over to her dad's first? I have something I need to do first."

Cassy raised a brow. "What exactly is it that you're going to do? Are you going to-."

"I'm not going to do anything bad. I'll be back in a bit."

"Okay. I trust you."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After about an hour or so I arrived at Cassy's place. The whole gang was already there: Lance, Mason, Scarlett, Cassy's dad, and of course Cassy and Laine.

"Oh, you're back!" Cassy smiled.

"Mhmm. So, what's the game plan?" I asked as I took a seat.

"Well, since Lance and I haven't really been seen by the others at Laine's school, we're going to do a bit of stalking and see what it is they do or where they go after hours." Scarlett said. "If anymore back up is needed or we get caught, Cole offered to step in. I know you might not like it, but we have Ryley as a back up too."