18

*Chapter Eighteen*

-Ethans point of view-

"You definitely need to cook more often." Alexander mumbles with a mouth full, putting his fork down.

I play with potatoes on my plate, smiling as I shake my head.

"Are you not hungry?" He asks, after swallowing his food.

"Not really. Small portions are more of my thing, thought you'd notice by now." I look up, meeting his gaze.

He nods and gets up to put his plate in the sink.

"Do you want to put it in the fridge for later?" He asks.

"An entire plate with like half the food? No. If only I had a dog, huh?" I laugh.

"Yeah. I guess you can just throw it out." Alexander shrugs.

I hate to waste food but I just can't finish it. I get up and scrape my food off of my plate into the garbage and put the plate in the sink.

"What time is it?" I ask, remembering i had left my phone in my room to charge.

"Five." He groans.

I shrug and go to the guest room, pushing back a box. I guess I can start planning for a room in here.

"What are you doing?" Alexander leans against the door frame.

"Just trying to plan a bit for the guest room. I'm bored and this needs to be done eventually." I turn, facing him.

"Guess I need to start staying in your bed, huh?" He winks.

My cheeks feel warm, probably a light pink tint to them now. Why would he do that. He's such a tease, god.

I remain silent and turn back around. Could put a bed in the middle and maybe a tv over on the far wall. No need for a dresser when theres a closet.

Hands place themselves gently on my hips and I inhale sharply. The sent of Alexander fills my nose and I bite my lip. He knows what he's doing and it is entirely unfair. Alexander places his chin on my shoulder but angles his head so his breath fans my face.

"Im going to go for a walk!" I speak quickly, breaking away from his grasp.

Sprinting upstairs, I grab my phone and throw on a pair of shoes. Quickly running back down, I walk out the door and start running down the hallway to find the flight of stairs. I need to get out of here.

I jog down the few flights of stairs and out the main door to the apartment building. Inhaling deeply, I bend over and try to calm myself down. He put his hands on me. And breathed on my neck. What the actual hell.

I don't know where I'm going to walk to but as long as I'm away from here for now. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I begin walking in the opposite direction of the store I went to previously today.

It's only been a day, yet so much has happened. I got to see my mom. I went shopping. Alexander was mad at me and then is all... whatever this is. I met a boy.

Wait. I met a boy.

I smile to myself and pull out my phone, remembering I got his number at some point. Going to my contacts, I find his number and call him.

"Hey. Adrien?" I ask.

"Oh hey! Ethan, is it?"

"Yeah. Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out."

"Oh my god yeah sure totally! Do you need a ride?" He asks

"Sure, that'd be nice."

"Okay. Pick you up where we met, the store. Like.. twenty minutes?"

"That'd be great. See you then."

I smile to myself again, hanging up. Turning around, I begin heading to Adrien's. We'll just hang out for a few hours and then I'll go back home and deal with Alexander.

Damn, do I have a thing for boys that start with the letter A? I giggle to myself a little and look at the ground as I walk.

In no time I make it to the store. About five minutes to spare too. Sitting down on a bench outside of the store, I sigh. It's only like five thirty. At least I can spend a few hours with Adrien though. Maybe go back around nine or ten. Then deal with Alexander unless he's already asleep.

I realise how much freedom I have. I was supposed to be a prisoner. He was supposed to lock me up and keep me in his home. He could get in trouble if anyone found out he, kind of, let me go. He's supposed to keep me for at least a year. I appreciate all he has done but he is a dick.

"Hey!"

I look up and see Adrien in the window of his car. I smile and get up, walking over to his car.

"Hey." I get in and buckle up.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"I don't even know. My life is super complicated." I sigh.

// A/N
So this chapter is shorter but I wanted to save the next chapter for other stuff. Also. Im probably going to be starting another book because I have wicked ideas. Its nothing related to this but I'll keep you all updated! Xoxo Kat //