5

*Chapter five*

-Ethan's POV-

I sit down at the dinner table as I wait for Alexander and his family. Hopefully they aren't the type of rich family that has like assigned seats. To be honest I'm actually nervous. If they ask about my family I have to make something up.

"The casserole will be ready in a second" Alexanders mother smiles proudly.

I nod quietly and go back to staring at the table.

"Don't you have a phone to play on or text on?" She asks, slightly tilting her head.

"Uh no. It broke and I haven't been able to replace it." I mumble slightly.

"I'll ask Alice to go shopping for him." Alexander walks in, smiling as he holds the casserole.

"Why doesn't he just go?" She asks in confusion.

I smile slightly and look up at him, waiting for an answer. He doesn't seem to panic though.

"He doesn't like going by himself. Social anxiety and all" Alexander whispers the last part to his mom even though I can hear.

"Oh dear. Then you take him Alexander." He goes to say something else, most likely trying to get me to stay here but she puts a finger up signalling that its already been decided."

He lets out a heavy sigh and puts the casserole on the centre of the table. Alexander then sits down across from me. His family begins to file in one by one, a couple people with plates and silverware His mother is last, carrying a large bowl of salad. She sits down next to Alexander.

Astor is beside me, Alexanders mom across from him. A woman sits on the other side of Astor and a man across from her. Then an older looking man sits at the head of the table. Three seats were yet to be filled though.

I can tell by age that the eldest man is the father of Alexander. He said his brother, nephew and sister in law also live here. So the lady next to Astor must be Alice. And the man across from her must be her husband.

"Okay before we eat we should introduce everyone to Ethan since he will be staying with us" his mother smiles.

"Im Astor" he speaks next to me.

"Alice" Astors mother smiles politely.

"Lyle" The father of Alexander speaks.

"Chandler" his brother, which looks quite different from him speaks.

"Esme." Alexanders mother finishes.

"You already know me." Alexander smirks slightly.

"Lets dig in!" Astor smiles and grabs the large spoon, digging it into the casserole.

Conversation begins among the family. I quietly eat as I listen to everyone. Chandler and Alice talking about their jobs and excitement for Astor to go back to school. Esme and Alexander talking about me and sometimes Lyle would jump into the conversation.

Everyone has yet to speak to me. Honestly I want to be alone. As i finish eating, i put down my fork and push out my chair.

"Excuse me. Im going up to the room i am staying in." I grab my plate and fork, going to the kitchen before i go find my room.

Thankfully the kitchen was connected to the dinning room or i would have gotten lost. My socks glide smoothly across the marble floor. I put my plate in the sink and begin washing it.

So much for a long dinner. When i finish washing the plate, i wipe off my hands and begin walking around trying to find my room. After a short amount of time I find the stairs. I know exactly where my room is from here. Down the hall and the first door on the left.

Why bother going to my room when I can explore Alexanders. Maybe i could figure some more out about him. I open the bedroom door, somehow remembering which was his.

The walls were a light blue. His bed back against the far wall, with a window that appeared to be open. I jet to the window and look out. An average yard with a small pond. No sign of human life to be seen. Great.

I move over to his desk which seemed to have a few pictures on it. I pick up one. A family photo I'm guessing? Theres a girl. In between Chandler and Alexander. They all seem to be laughing.

"My sister." Alexander says.

I quickly put down the photo and look up. His figure leaning against the doorway.

"You have a sister?" I ask quietly as i back away from his desk.

"Yeah. Sylvie. I was 14 when she moved away." He smiles slightly.

"Where did she go?" I ask another question.

"To the auction. She wanted to see what it was like for you guys. To be sold." Alexander looks down.

I bite my lip and look at him.

"She was like your brother. She tried to escape. To warn us. But then she was killed."

I frown and watch. "Im sorry."

He shakes his head and looks up at me, smiling. "Its fine. I learned a lesson. I will keep buying. To make sure they are treated correctly."

"Then why do you only have one.." I mumble.

"I don't know. I usually get more than one. After a year, I let them go. I usually tell my parents that they are pets." He looks at me in confusion.

I nod and look around.

"But with that being said. Get out of my room" he says and moves away from the doorframe.

I look at him, confused. One minute he's being sentimental and the next he's angry. I walk out and head towards my room and i hear a door close, slightly more aggressively than a door should or would normally close.

I enter my room, closing the door behind me and let out a small sigh. What am i supposed to do for the rest of the evening. Its only seven. I guess ill just sit here and watch tv.

I turn on the tv, changing it to the news and lay back. I suppose it'll be a long night.

//Author//: So yay. Chapter five. Trying to update more frequently. That wont happen though, I'm bad at updating. But hey, Alexander has a sister. What even. //