20

K E N D R A

Aunt Emerald woke me up on my first day of work. She told me to wash my face and go down for breakfast with them.

"I'll ready your clothes so that after your shower, you don't need to get it." Aunt Emerald said before she left me in my room.

I stood up and went straight to the shower. I can't waste any of my time. Today is my first day of work and being early is a must.

After showering, I went out and dried my hair with a blower. I styled it into something appropriate for my clothes. When I finished prepping up, I went down for breakfast.

"Kendra got accepted as a secretary." Aunt Emerald announced and Red congratulated me as well as Blue.

Cyan wasn't here with us though. He was working nonstop at the hospital and wasn't going home for three days now. Aunt Emerald was worried for him but we all know that we couldn't do anything.

It's his job and I believe that Cyan already mastered the ups and downs of being a doctor. He wouldn't be a well respected doctor if he wasn't doing a great job.

"So are you working today, Kendra?" Red asked and I nodded at her in response to her question..

"Yeah, today is my first day and I hope I get along with the CEO. I heard he was notorious for firing his secretary always."

"Then you must need every good luck you can get Kendra. I'll let you borrow my luck for today." Blue said to cheer me up and I smiled at him.

He's so sweet that it didn't felt like he wasn't my brother at all. If I can swap Blue with Kendrick, I would have done that a long time ago. Just kidding but I really might do it.

"I'll pack you up some lunch, Kendra." Aunt Emerald stated after we finished breakfast.

"It's fine, Auntie. I'll just eat at the company cafeteria." I declined because I was aware of the company cafeteria.

"Homemade food is healthier. You should bring this lunch with you." Auntie said and put the lunchbox bag on my hands.

I can't do anything but bring the lunch with me to my work. Auntie drove for us all and she dropped me off first to the company. It was very nice of her to do so even if the way to Blue's school and Red's workplace was on the other way.

"Have a great day!" she said and I bid goodbye before entering the building.

I stared happily at my ID. It would have been more satisfying if Kendra Rivera was there. But Violet Carter also sounds soothing to the ears.

"Are you the new secretary?" the girl in the lobby asked and I nodded at her.

"May I ask who...are you?" I hesitantly lifted the question because I might come off as rude.

I don't want to give a bad impression on my first day. As someone who is well experienced in the corporate world, I'm fully aware that first impressions in here lasts. So you need to put a great first impression to secure that job for a long time.

"Oh! Here," she handed me her identification card and I read it. "I'm the head of the human resource department and I was tasked to do a briefing with you. Let's go."

I followed her silently and stared at the company. This is my first time looking at the company. I wasn't able to examine the place when I went here for my interview.

"This is the private elevator where our CEO rides. You can't ride with him and you can only ride the normal elevators." Hera, the HR department head started. "The CEO's office is located at the 12th floor."

"He usually drinks coffee when he arrives so make sure to make one or buy one from his favorite cafe." she continued and I put them all in my notes. I'm not sure if I can remember all those things so writing them is essential.

"Double shot espresso--- no sugar, less milk and less ice." she pointed out and I nodded in disgust. Kendrick also like that kind of coffee and I tasted it once. It tasted awful.

"You should always make sure that his office is clean and organized. His schedule should be listed by you and you must tell him when he asks about it."

I roamed my eyes around the office and it seemed to be belonging to a guy. The room was designed in a very manly way.

"You will be having a small office across the CEO's office so that you can go to his office fast. He doesn't like tardy employees so I'm advising you to always go to work on time."

We went out of the CEO's office and entered mine. It was indeed smaller than the previous one but it was bigger than I expected.

"The CEO values office etiquette too much. So if you want to show off your curves and all, I'm telling you to not show it off here. It's practically the main reason why the CEO fires his secretary. His previous secretaries tend to wear revealing clothes and he doesn't like that."

So that's why. But that reason kind of made me respect him more. He's a man but he hates girls who wear revealing clothes at work. That's a great attitude.

"I guess, you already know the other things about seceretarial duties?" Hera made sure to ask.

"Yes, of course." I proudly and confidently answered with a smile.

"Okay then. You'll start working tomorrow and be on time. You can already go home if you'd like or tour around the building. See you around." Hera said and left me on the 12th floor.

I chose to go home and not roam around the building anymore. It's not like I'll be going around and around. I'm working for the CEO so knowing where his office, is all that matters.

When I got home, I got a text from Aunt Emerald. She said that she forgot to bring Cyan his lunch and if I can give it to him on her behalf. I got nothing good to do so I said yes and got the lunch Auntie packed earlier. I didn't bother to change my clothes. I was still wearing a skirt and blazer. Who cares about my outfit?

After hailing a taxi, I arrived at the hospital. I sighed upon realizing that I'll be playing a non-existent hide and seek with Cyan again.

I don't really understand why he's all over the place. Why can't he just stay in one area? Gosh.

HIS SECRETARYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें