6

K E N D R A

I boarded the airplane just minutes before it's take off. It was a bit lonely inside this big private airplane. I was the only passenger and the crew weren't roaming around. How I wish my friends were here. It could have been fun.

With the thought of my friends, I tried to call Courtney but she did not pick up. She just sent me a text saying that she can't talk to me right now because the media were prying her and her family. I suddenly felt guilty because I was the reason behind the media pestering her family.

I was pulled out of my thoughts with the familiar ringtone from my phone. Harry's caller ID flashed through the screen and I hit the receive button.

"Hey." he greeted lifelessly which I repaid with, "Why do you sound so sad? Cheer up, Harry."

"I really have to make this phone call short. I just wanted to know if you were okay. I'm sorry about what happened, Kendra."

"It's not your fault, Harry. I'm fine too so you don't need to worry about me."

"Still. Be safe there in Cali. I'll visit when your father permits me to go there. See you when I see you, Kendra."

"See you when I see you, too." the reverberating sound of the call ending made me sad.

I turned my phone off and let it be on the deepest part of my bag. I don't plan on holding it in a while. Never really noticed how I fell asleep but the moment I woke up, we were already in California. A stewardess handed me my things when I got out and a chauffeur shielded me. I was already wearing a big hat and a sunglasses to hide myself to the public.

We rode a heavily tinted car and arrived at my penthouse at exactly six o'clock in the evening. I looked at my penthouse. It was years since I moved out of this place. I have live here when I was the one managing our company here in California. After over five years I left.

I sighed and went up stairs. I fixed my things and took a quick shower. I changed from my suit to a long sleeves and a denim shorts. I wore a black sneakers and put my hair in a ponytail.

After putting all of my stuffs on the cabinets, I opened my phone to call Mom. She told me to call her when I arrive in the penthouse.

""Darling, did you already arrived?"

"Yes, Mom. I'm already in the penthouse. I'll be eating dinner later."

"What a relief. I was worried sick that some paparazzi might see you there in Cali. I'm glad no one saw you."

"I'm also glad that I got here without a scratch Mom. How's Dad? Is he alright?"

"He's been agitated since the morning. But don't worry about him, he'll get over it."

"You should give Dad some jasmine tea, Mom. He'll calm down with that."

"Of course, darling. The tea had been served to him. Good night then, Kendra. Sleep tight, I love you darling." I also said my good night to Mom before I decided to head to the kitchen to have something to eat.

My brows formed into a frown when I smelled something. I searched for it all over the kitchen and found the smell on the dining table. A bowl of soup and mashed potatoes were served on the center.

Did Mom ordered someone to bring this here? If she did then I'm very much thankful. I grabbed a plate and utensils before eating heartily. I had never eaten this much before. It's another rare moment where I genuinely enjoyed my food.

I headed back to my room to text my Mom a thank you message. I sent it to her quickly before looking at myself in the mirror. I think I should do my skin care routine now. It's getting quite late too so doing it won't hurt.

After a lot of ceremonial routine, I settled on my bed with a removable green tea mask on. I was staring intently at the ceiling when my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw Mom's reply.

Mom: I did not send you anything. What do you mean?

My brows creased because of that. What does she mean that she did not send anything?

"Mom? What do you mean that you did not send anything? I saw a soup and some mashed potatoes here. Are you sure that you did not send me foods?"

"No, darling. I was busy all day and I didn't have the time to do so. Maybe your Dad sent those. Do you want me to ask him?"

"It's fine, Mom. Don't wake Dad up just to ask a question. I can hear him snoring from here." Mom giggled on the other line with what I said

"Okay, darling. I will end this call now. Mom's kind of tired you know."

"Yes, of course. I'm sorry for waking you up, Mom. Good night." I said and Mom said the same. We had a second exchange of good nights today.

I saw that it was already nine o'clock and I was itching to go to the back area of the penthouse where the sea can be seen. The see breeze in there is what I had always love here in California.

After washing my face to remove the residue of the removable mask, I went to the kitchen to bring some food. A snack won't hurt.

With an apple on my left hand, a bottle water on my right hand, and a blanket tucked in between my arms, I walked my way to the back area. I can remember myself sitting comfortably on the comfy chair located there while enjoying the breeze.

The thought of that made me hum and close my eyes. I was still quite far from the entrance of the back area but the breeze can already be felt. I haven't felt that breeze for ages. I closed my eyes even more and inhaled deeply before walking even more.

When I opened my eyes, my eyes landed on something that made me drop everything I was holding and made me stunned for a couple of moments.