5

K E N D R A

"Madame, Mr. Scott has arrived at your office." Red announced while I was in a phone call with Dad. I ended the call abruptly because of that and put my phone inside my bag.

"Okay. Tell him that I'll be there after a minute." I told Red and she left me inside my office.

I glanced at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a white suit paired with a black stilettos. My hair is also perfectly done into a twin braids. I personally braided them for today because of that guy. He really texted me that he wanted to see my hair in a braid.

"Good morning, Mr. Scott." I greeted him and he put down the brochure he was reading before smiling at me.

"No need for formalities, Kendra." he mumbled before closing the distance between us and giving me a hug.

"I miss you, Harry. I wish you visit us more often, Mom really wants to see you." I told him and went out of his embrace.

"Miss you more, Kendra."

I sat across him and stared at his face. He changed a little bit but he's still the Harry I know. He's more mature and masculine than the last time I saw him in Seattle.

"You did not come here to discuss business, aren't you?" I carefully asked while he was sipping his tea in an elegant way.
"No, of course not. That'll be the last thing I'll do when I visit you. Besides, I left business man Harry in Italy and came here as your friend Harry."

"I'm relieved to hear that then. So where are we going?" I asked him while fixing the brochures he messed up on the center table. I should really teach him how to fix the mess he created.

"Excited aren't you? Calm down Kendra, we're just eating somewhere."

"I bet that somewhere has a name" I pry and he smiled.

That's one thing I really like about him. No matter how much I annoy him he doesn't get mad. I don't know how he does it because even Luke gets mad at me when I annoy him too much.

We were now inside the elevator cascading to the ground floor where the parking lot it. I was just standing there when I realized something.

"Wait! I don't have my things, Harry." I told him and he just stared at me as if it wasn't a big thing.

"No worries, Ken. I'll be responsible of you. I haven't seen you in a while and I'd like to treat you today."

"Treat me today? Does emptying your credit card counts?" Harry raise his eyebrow and smiled afterwards.

"Emptying it will take you a lifetime. Just tell me straightforward that you want to go shopping, Kendra. I won't object." That remark plastered a smile on smile. Thank the Gods for letting Harry go here. He's a blessing in disguise.

After being stuck in the traffic we went to a fancy restaurant. "I don't want to be here."

"You won't be the one to choose where to go because I was the one who pulled you here. No rants on me, Ken." he effortlessly rejected my request of transferring to another restaurant. What a nice way of treating a friend.

Everything went smoothly after that. We had fun with each other's company and I didn't even notice the day passed by. It was uneventful that night and just woke up the next day from the noisy ringing of my phone.

"Hello?" I answered in a groggy voice. "Kendra, thank God you finally answered! Open your television! There is something you need to see!"

I blinked for a few times before doing what Courtney told me. Why would she want me to watch something on the television at an early hour?

"Change the channel to the news." she ordered and that was what I did. After staring and absorbing what the news was about, I dropped my phone in shock.

"What in the world is this?" my breathing fastened and I couldn't think straight. God, I just woke up and this is what I see?

"Minutes ago, the media showed pictures of you with a guy. I reckon that the guy was your British friend, Harry. Apparently, a paparazzi had spotted you with that hotshot guy and took pictures." she explained thoroughly what she understood from the news.

"Thank you so much for informing, Courtney. I'll have to end this conversation to do something. Have a good day." I uttered before ending the call and entering the bathroom.

I fixed myself and took a quick shower. After mentally preparing myself to what my father might say, I went outside my room. The first thing I saw was my Dad watching the television.

"Dad, good morning." I greeted and he turned the televesion off dramatically before glancing at me.

"Honey, talk to Kendra. I'll just have a conversation with our family lawyer." Dad ordered and Mom pulled me to the nearest guestroom.

Mom carefully closed the door as if she was trying to not make a noise out of it. When she faced me, a smile was plastered on her face.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mom." I said and gave her a smile to assure her that I was really fine.

"That must have shock you. Are you sure that you're fine?" Mom asked again and I nodded as an answer.

"I'm strong, I can manage. Maybe I have to face them, Mom. Should I go to the press conference?"

"No, darling. It's best if you stay out of the media. They can do unimaginable things, so we better let you stay away from them."

"I understand. How about my company? Will I work here in the mansion?"

"You certainly can but your Dad and I already decided on what to do. It's better if you fly now to California and check on our branch there. That way, the media here in New York won't bother you."

"What if it gets leak? What if they follow me to California? That would be troublesome, Mom."

"Don't worry, darling. We got them all in control. Your father will be able to get you out of the media's eyes. For now, you should pack up and go to California until the issue dies down."

Mom must have sense the worried expression in my face. "That way, we can hit two birds with one stone. You will be able to get out of the media's radar and check on our company there. You were originally going there on Wednesday, right?"

"Yes, I was Mom." I answered and she smiled even brighter.

"See? Everything will be fine. I'll call one maid to help you on packing up. Come on, darling." she gestured me to follow her upstairs where my room was located.

After I got inside, Mom bid goodbye and told me to pack up quickly. She said that our private airplane was set to fly to California this lunch time and I should hurry up.

My mind was still in haywire while I was packing up and I don't know whether I put the right things inside this luggage I was carrying. The sun yet to rise when I left the mansion. It was nearing twelve o'clock when I left the mansion to go to California.

This is the best thing we can do. Hiding is the best option.