Chp. 23 Road Trip

*Maya's POV*

"Please."

"No."

"Please!"

"No!"

"PLEASE!"

"NO!"

"But its only for four days and three nights, Mathews. We'll be back before Christmas."

It was the weekend, and me and Riley decided that we would go to her house to try and convince her dad. It's not working very well. The father and the daughter having another round of a fight.

"Okay, but on one condition, you have to have an adult supervisor with you." Bruh, we are 18, I'm pretty sure we are way beyond adult, but I know better enough to argue with him, since he's actually coming to an agreement.

"Does Chris pass for an adult? I mean he's about to be 20."

"He's not an adult. He's still an immature 19 year old teenager." Seriously? Although, he's pretty much right for the immature part.

"Then who else?" Riles asked, "I mean, it's not like we don't have a 21, almost 22 year old uncle who would be more than willing to take care of us."

I could see her evilness coming out of the limit line, I should've known. She still ships me and josh, even though I've totally gotten over him.

Right.

Not now conscience!

But, Mr. Mathews wouldn't consider the thought, right?

"Yeah, sure why not. Josh is much more responsible than you guys will ever be." Ouch.

Oh hell to the no!

======================================================

It was the day we were leaving to go to lake placid, a seven hour drive long. Wait. I don't think I can survive a seven hours cooped up in a car. My tush will be mushed!

We decided we would leave right after breakfast, so the gang was coming to Riley's house for breakfast. Chris and Vanessa is apart of our gang now, and we were more than welcome to invite them.

Chris was in my room, making sure he didn't leave anything at my house and checking his bags. I lightly knocked on the door frame, waking in without an invite. I wrapped my arms around him from the back and looked at what he was looking at.

It was a photo album of his family, but something caught my eye. It was one picture. It was a family in front of a house.

A mother. A father. A son. And a daughter. But what caught my eye was that house was very similar. The mother and father wrapped their arms around their kids, all of them smiling happily.

The mother had blonde locks, and looked an awful like my mom, but it was my mind playing tricks on me. Although, I could've sworn that blue eyes are very similar. However the father has brown locks and emerald green eyes that shine out of the rest.

The son was a look alike to his father and the daughter was a look alike to the mother, and they were a happy family. The smile they all shared completed them with a bond that will have seemed to have live forever.

I assume that it was his family. I don't know much about it, but I do know that no one should have lived their childhood without knowing their parents.

His teardrops mixed with old ones and ran down the laminated page of the album. "That was the only picture I have of my parents. I miss them so much. Even though I didn't have a childhood with them, I still remember a few memories I shared with them from a small part of my life."