Chapter 36

Can you imagine?
- The darkness in love with the light?

C A B I R

He was looking like a tornado with heavenly devilish eyes and a heartbeat. His grin was like a garden where grew the most beautiful flowers; and they were all poisonous. Or as if, he got the whole dark forest living inside him as he sent me a penetrating smile from the other corner.

I looked around at the surrounding- the exquisite work of decoration making every pair of eyes widen this evening and why wouldn't it be, after all it was the Superstar Manik Malhotra's party.

"Hey babe." I felt a soft pair of hands encircling my bicep rubbing its way up and as I shifted my gaze, I felt right.

"Hey" Unclasping one of Mukti's palm from my skin, I brought it closer planting a warm kiss.

"The party's lit, right?" She grinned heartily spreading her shining eyes allover the extravagant beauty and smiled every now and then whenever her eyes met a socialite.

"Well,.." I mumbled and she carefully took a closer look at my face.

I didn't know what exactly but certainly something was off about everything and it frustrated me that I couldn't place my finger on the correct assumption. With Manik, everything could be possible, any table could turn because he was the master of the game we all tried playing.

Last few days, he had been completely been a stranger with special reference to his behaviour on the last day when I visited him screamed that something was terribly twisted. Manik Malhotra never needed a reason to throw a party but overnight calling me up, seeking the permission to set up an amazing theme for a party not even for once acknowledging his previous behaviour towards me was...

"Cabir?" I blinked my eyes feeling her tug my arm. "Where did you space out?"

"Erm nothing. I-just.. I'm not getting the reason behind this sudden party." False. I couldn't understand the meaning behind Manik's shrewd observation from across the room at our direction and especially the way his eyes which astutely kept flickering between the guests and me.

"It's okay you know, if sometimes in life you don't get to know the meaning behind everything." She smiled heartily melting mine. "Smile and enjoy."

"Can you guys just shut up and start dancing?" Mukti chuckled holding me closer leaning her head on my shoulder as my brother approached us grabbing a drink.

"Quit it. Not happening." I confirmed.

"Yeah right 'cause you can't." My fiancé giggled clapping a high five with her would be brother-in-law.

In short, my world felt complete and I felt invincible. Two of the most important persons of my life were happy and secured; one in my arm while the other within the horizon of my eyes. I shook my head knowing when those two team up there's no power in Cabir Dhawan to ever beat them up and thus I chose to give up.

"Hey, but this party is something!" Maddy exclaimed looking at all the half naked models roaming around.

"I think Manik is gonna make it huge tonight." Mukti stated quickly taking a sip from her cocktail.

"And he's looking quite a dapper in that black tux. Wonder why he's decked up all in black going against the dress code of his own party?" Maddy said something I didn't actually notice the entire evening.

The code was white for men and dark green or golden for women but maybe since the Superstar was the host himself, he chose to stand out.

"Maybe because I'm already dressed for your funeral." Our heads snapped to the origin of the voice and my eyes widened a little seeing Manik nearing us holding a hard liquor in his hand.