Chapter 48-Shot

Ouch! It hurts! I was able to save to Monica thank god! But in the process of pushing her I took her place and I was shot now

Ouch! It hurts! I was able to save to Monica thank god! But in the process of pushing her I took her place and I was shot now. Aren't I the luckiest person in the world? It's the shoulder, hope it is not fatal since I don't want to die. It huts like hell to be shot. I held my shoulder in pain and the blood oozing out is making me all the more dizzy.

"Destiny!" Monica shouted getting up. "Oh my god! Oh my god! What to do? You are bleeding!"

She got panicked and started fussing around me which doesn't help in any way now. She needs to calm down and call an ambulance or take me to hospital as quick as possible.

"Why?" I heard a light whisper despite the fussing of Monica.

"Why did you do that?" Steven asked slowly looking at me and now there is a slight change in him. Despite the evil look earlier he had a vulnerable look now and an absolutely bewildered face. If you look the face he is showing now, one would even ask if he was the one who tried to rape me earlier and worse, shot me. 

"What do you mean by why?" I wheezed out. "You are about to shoot her. She is pregnant. Your baby would be in danger."

"But that's my  baby. Why do you want to protect my baby, the baby of the one who made you suffer all this time."

"So you want me to wish that your baby was dead? How can I do that? That's ridiculous!" What nonsense is he talking about? Why would I blame or hate his baby for what he did? What he did was what he did and what his baby will do will determine what I think about him. Is he crazy? I think so because instead of hurrying me to hospital he is chatting up with me. I doubt if he hates me and is deliberately delaying time till I die.

"No one loves me." He said suddenly. What he is saying now? I think I am right and he is definitely crazy. May be from the shock of shooting a person he got crazy and is spouting non sense or he has some back story for turning like this.

"I don't think so. There are people who love you. I think your fiancee loves you."

"No,.." He whispered low and dejected.

"Even if it is not true, I believe there is a person who loves you or will love you." I said truthfully. I know I don't like this person. From the first time I met I had this weird vibes from, the way he looks and the way he talks but now I don't get those kind of vibes from him, just pure hurt and vulnerable. I want to believe that he just got lost somewhere, sometime and he is originally a good person. I might not be able to love him, not for some time but I believe there is a person who would be able to accept all that. I think Monica is that person and I don't know why he doesn't want to accept that.

 I don't know what happened so I can't tell for sure that she is the person but I believe there is not a person in the world whom you can't love. You just have to look and you will find him lovely. I could not see that side in him, may be because the darkness in his heart already overtook him but if he was able to overcome that thick fog of darkness and come to the light somehow, that would be awesome.