Chapter 21

"No" I screamed crawling my way over to Jake's lifeless body and completely breaking down.

When I reached him I lay my head on his chest gripping his shirt as my body raked with sobs.

"Please" I whispered into his blood soaked shirt. "I need you"

I jolted awake clutching my chest as I tried to catch my breath.

I looked around frantically to see I'm still seated in Jake's car but he was no where to be seen. I saw blue and red lights pulling up and Jake exiting the shed with his keys and my phone in his hand. I let out a sigh of relief drying my tear stained cheeks.

Jake stops to talk to the police officer every so often glancing my way.

Jake is like the brother I never had and I'm extremely great full for that. Sometimes I wonder why he puts up with my shit. First of all, the constant nightmares. Ever since I've been at his house he hasn't had one peaceful sleep due to my nightmares. He's always there to hold me and waits till I fall back asleep to head back to his room. He's only hung out with his friends and few times and I feel like he thinks he needs to watch over me all the time. Don't get me wrong I love being around him, I just feel bad for him I guess, I mean I am a pain in the ass.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when the car door opened revealing a tired looking Jake. I examined him closely noticing the dark bags under his gorgeous brown eyes. His hair was sticking up in different directions like he's been running his hand through it repeatedly.

"Hey are you okay" He asked softly.

"Yeah I'm fine why"

"You were crying"

"Oh, yeah. Bad dream that's all" I shrugged it off.

He nodded a frown taking place on his features.

I looked up to see both Bryan and Michael being led out of the shed by two cops.

I tensed up a bit when Michael looked in my direction.

"Hey, you are safe now" Jake said taking my hand in his and giving it a gentle squeeze.

I nodded not trusting my voice and sunk into Jake's hoodie that was drowning my body.

"So the police want us to go down to the station So you can give a statement"

"Doesn't Maddie have to give one too"

"Yeah, I texted Ryder they are on their way there"

"Okay" I sighed.

Jake gave the officers a thumbs up letting them know we are on our way to the station.

The car ride was silent. I was looking out the window watching the trees pass by while twiddling with my fingers in my lap. I could see Jake glance at me every few minutes from the corner of my eye. I can tell he wants to say something to break the awkward silence in the car but he didn't know what to say.

His grip on the steering wheel was tight, causing his knuckles to turn white.

"Thank you" I finally spoke.

He glanced at me and nodded before fixing his gaze back to the road stopping at a red light.

He cleared his throat "Did he- um- did he force- himself on-"

"No" I cut him off.

"I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner"

He turned right, into the station.

"Jake, it's okay. I'm okay. I'm not dead right? You did everything you could and I appreciate that. You could have just left my annoying ass and your life could have gone back to the way it was before, but you didn't" I gave him a weak smile.

He parked the car and turned to me.

He opened his mouth to say something but his phone ringing in his pocket cut him off.

He pulled it out rolling his eyes when he checked the caller ID.

"What do you want Cole..... shit, sorry you'll have to get dad to otherwise walk? I won't make it I'm a few hours away..... sorry bud something came up.... alright I gotta go... bye" He sighed and unbuckled his seat belt "I was supposed to pick up Cole from football practice" He said chuckling softly.

Maddie and Ryder came walking towards us holding hands. Maddie was now changed out of the dirty white shirt and into one of Ryder's hoodie's and some black joggers.

Jake reached into the back grabbing his grey joggers and stepped out of the car making his way to my door.

He opened my door tossing the joggers on my lap.

I carefully slid them up my legs whimpering when pain shot through my aching muscles. I tied them as tight as they go around my waist and slung my bare feet out of the car. I look like I was just pulled out of the dumpster. My hair was spread out over my shoulders in a rats nest and bruises dotted my cheeks. I attempted to pull it into a ponytail but as soon as I lifted my arms up I hissed in pain bringing them back down to my sides.

Jake must have noticed me struggling because he pulled me to my feet turning me around letting me support myself on his car. He pulled my hair into a very messy ponytail.

"Awwwww" Maddie cooed.

Jake and I both rolled our eyes.

"Alright let's get this over with" I said.

I took a step towards Jake, my legs immediately gave out and I fell into Jake's arms.

"Ugh" I groaned.

"Do you need to go to a hospital" Jake asked looking down at me with worry swirling in his teddy bear eyes.

"No, I'll be fine. I just need some sleep"

"Okay" He sighed picking me up bridal style.

I wrapped my arms around his neck blushing when I felt his muscles flex underneath me.

He chuckled and began walking into the police station.

I sighed snuggling into Jake's warmth. My hero.

~♡~
A/N

Hey guys, I'm alive! Thoughts on this chapter?

Incase you haven't noticed I changed the cover:) Idk, what do you all think of it?

Vote, comment, and share with your friends!!

~ Khloe x