Chapter no.38

Corinne's POV:-

Boxes were stacked against the walls as I walked into my appartment. The place where me and Leah had started. A new life in Paris.

"Are you sure about this. Corinne listen. I think he was just upset-" Leah began but I cut her off.

"It's okay Leah. I know what it was." For the past few days she had been trying to get me to apparently believe in something that wasn't true. She thought Cameron was guilty and all the bullshit but I knew better not to trust myself again. It wasn't even his fault. It was mine.

As much as my love for him was still fresh as ever, his name caused me pain.

"I can move in with you." She spoke.
I turned to face her with a sigh. I shook my head.

"Leah!" I took her hand in mine and put up my smile.
"....I'm fine really. I knew this was to happen. And besides.....you need time with Dylan. I have seen it in him. He really loves you." I patted her hand softly.
"And I have seen it too Corinne. Cameron loves you-"

I bit my lip.
"Leah! I need to forget the past now. He is my past now. We're over."

This was how I was supposed to be. Strong and unwavering. I would not cry. Not unless I was alone.

"Call me if you need anything okay?" She smiled at me but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Yeah ok." I gave her a small smile back.

She pulled me into a hug. I bit my lip to stop myself from tearing up. She was my best friend but I needed to sort this out alone this time.
"Go on now. Or Dylan might drag you out." I said chuckling at the look on her face.

Giving me one last hug, she walked out before shutting the door close.
Standing there for minutes in utter silence, I looked around.

After weeks of being away, this place felt......foreign.

Better start unpacking then.

Unboxing, I placed clothes and other stuff where it belonged. I was never the one to leave my belongings in boxes for days before deciding to unpack. Better do it sooner than later.

Trying to occupy my mind, I switched on to some channel. What else could I do? I wasn't the person to sit back and relax. I enjoyed my work too much. I enjoyed being busy.

My work.

I sighed. I couldn't forget that I worked for......him. He is my boss. How could I possibly still work there? My face contorted into a frown and I massaged my temples thinking.

I would have to quit the job there was no doubt in that. I'd leave my resignation letter tomorrow at his office.

I walked into the kitchen and thought to make myself some coffee.

He likes black coffee.

I dropped the idea as soon as it came. Even coffee reminded me of that jerk.

I walked to my lounge instead and propped open my Macbook and started typing my resignation.

Kalebs Fashion Inc.
Owner and CEO,
Mr Cameron Kalebs.

Most respectfully,

I scoffed at myself. Respect? All I wanted was to give him a good piece of my mind. Just one good punch in his beautiful face.

This letter is to inform you that I have decided to resign from my post as your PA and Chief Designer for your company.
Whatever the reasons may be, it was an honour working with a conpany as prestigious and as well known as yours.

I would like to cancel all contracts been made between me and this conpany in order for me to move on with my career.

It was great experience working with Kalebs Inc.

Regards,
Corinne Braylon.
Signature.
Date.

I saved the draft to print the next morning and closed my laptop shut sitting in silence for what felt like hours before deciding to take a shower.

At this moment, I wished I could wash all the memories away. Wash away every bit of time I had had with him. Wash away that piece within me, that still yearned to be back in his arms. Wash away the pain that came with it.

As the cool water from the shower drenched me, I let myself drown in the sadness finally. My knees gave way and I crumbled to the tiled floor. The water soaked me entirely as I pulled my knees to my chest and let the hot tears finally go. I could cry now. I could scream. There was no one to judge me. No one to care. No one to pity. So I cried. Let out all the rage.

I cried for I don't know how long under the wet dripple of the shower until I began to shiver violently and I knew I would die of cold if I sat there anymore. I was a pathetic mess. I was in pain. A strange pang in my heart. That feeling in your chest when your heart was truly broken. Never to heal. Never to be the same again.

I left the wetness of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel before walking into my room.

I was wasting away. But for now I didn't care. I hated myself for being so in love with him. I hadn't even realised the depth of it until very recently. I wanted to hit him hard and shake him back to his senses. But I couldn't.

I never want to see you again.

His words hurt more than the first time they were heard. The pain was overwhelming and I slipped into my bed breaking into cries and sobs. Screaming into the pillow, clenching and unclenching my fists. It was long after that I fell into an uneasy slumber lulling to the sound of the wall clock tick-tocking in the silence.

I would probably be sick in the morning. Sleeping naked. What was I thinking?

Cameron's POV:-

"Cameron!" I could hear her voice calling to me again and again.

I didn't know if I was even right.

I missed her there was no denying it. But she chose her brother over me. She wanted to save that maniac. That bloody psycopath killer. And now Meryl was gone. I lost her too. And it was because of her......Corinne.

If only she could have tried to tell me earlier.
The thoughts whirling in my head were frustrating. What the fuck was happening to me? Her eyes. Her face. I couldn't forget her.

I knew I couldn't.

*********