Chapter no.8

Corinne's POV :-

It looked like the alarm clock went ringing the minute I laid down in bed to sleep. I didn't have the strength to pull myself out of bed. I was dead tired.
But when my annoying alarm clock kept bugging me, I groaned and sat up looking at the clock pleading that it might stop on its own but the little thing kept ringing.

Poor me I didn't get enough sleep.

I dragged myself out of bed and walked to the nightstand to switch it off.
I then walked back to bed and sat down at the edge.

My eyes began to droop again and I was about to fall asleep when.......

"Hey come on girl wake up we have to go......." I jumped out of my skin when I heard Merleah shouting.
I opened my eyes with great difficulty to look at the time. Five thirty-five.

Oh hell no -
I was going to be late.

I ran to take a shower and came out in record time. I grabbed the first thing in the closet without looking at it and dressed myself. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

(See pic on the side of Corinne's work clothes for the day. )

I put on just some lipstick and mascara and took my black Chanel purse and put my phone and wallet in it and came out of my room.

"I'm ready and y-" Merleah stopped in mid sentence and checked me out.
"What? " I said.

"You look hot. " she teased.
I rolled my eyes.

I looked at my reflection in the water of our small swimming pool.

"I didn't look at it before picking it out. " I pouted.
"Too late already come on. " Merleah dragged me to the car.

I looked at the time and it was five fourty-five.
We stopped at the coffee shop for a minute and I got coffee for both of us and Cameron and then I dropped her to her workplace.

Minutes later, I exited the elevator to our floor. No one was there yet. But Cameron was in his office.
I dropped my things in my office and at exactly six I walked with my coffee and his in my hands and knocked once with some difficulty before walking in.

"Good morning Mr Kalebs. Your coffee. " I faked a smile trying not to be angry at him for making me come this early.

He stood by the window with his back to me in a blue suit. I tried not to gasp when he turned to face me with that killing smirk on his face.
A few buttons on his dress shirt were open and I could see his chest. Oh my why did he have to be so gorgeous?

"Miss Braylon." he said in his husky voice acknowledging me.

I nodded and then walked up to his desk taking a notepad .
" Is there anything you want me to do?" I asked.

He sat down in his chair resting his chin on his hands and looked at me with his piercing gaze. I completely felt helpless.

Was he checking me out?

He looked at me from head to toe. For the first time in my life I felt self-conscious.

Definitely checking me out.

I bit on my lip slowly.

"Did you notice what you're wearing today?" He said never taking his eyes off me.
I raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?"

He kept looking at me and I bit harder on my lip.
God he's intimidating.

" I don't think there's something wrong with my outfit." I said peeking at him and then looking away.