Chapter 9

A/N: As you might've noticed I changed the main character's names. I just though the old ones were unfitting. I hope it doesn't confuse you too much. It's now Natalia and Kaden.

-

I wake up in a foggy haze. The room is dark, but I can see the sun beginning to rise faintly through the window. I'm in a bed, my body sunk deep into the mattress and my hair fanned out around me. There is hardly any pain in my side, but I feel very stiff and sore. I move to pull the blanket off of me, but something stops me. I look to my right and my breathing hitches. Kaden is sprawled out fast asleep next to me, his arm wrapped around my torso.

Well, shit. I hold my breath and gently grab his arm and move it off of me, careful not to wake him. I peel the blanket off of my warm body, and slowly get out of the bed.

I have no idea what to do. There's no way I can leave without anyone seeing me, and if I try anything in here, Kaden will catch me. I pace around the room, and study it carefully. Walking around the shelf, I come to the balcony doors. I try to open them, but to avail. They're locked.

I walk past the balcony and find another door. Opening it, I discover that it's a ensuite. It's grand. The interior matches that of the room, it's dark black with a grey-marbled floor. There is a large bathtub embedded in the far corner. It's up off the floor, with two stair-like ridges leading to it. A tall, wide shower is placed right next to it. It's doors are glass, giving no privacy to whoever will use it. There is a counter opposite the shower, it matches the floor tiles with two sinks carved into it. Next to it, all the way on the far left is a toilet.

That quickly captures my attention as I notice the small pressure in my pelvis. I haven't peed in a really long time. I quickly shut the door and lock it, no way am I risking Kaden walking in on me.

I do my business, wash my hands and dry them off. Then I lazily throw my shirt over my head and toss it aside. My right side is still bruised and cut. It hardly looks any better than the last time I saw it, but somehow it doesn't hurt.

I turn and stare at the shower, contemplating what I should do. I smell dirty, and I feel disgusting. My hair looks like a rat's nest. Going against my better judgement, I strip from all my clothes and toss them onto the floor.

Stepping into the shower, I turn the water on to the point where it's almost scalding. I stand and savor the warmth that spreads throughout my weak form. I welcome the relief the water brings me, and how it helps to soothe my aching muscles.

I stand there for quiet a while before I finally pick up the bottle of shampoo on the shower ledge. It's not what I'd normally use, but it's what I've got. I rub the masculine smelling substance into my palms and begin massaging my scalp. I rinse it out and put some conditioner onto the ends of my long, thick strands, then lather myself in a pine scented body wash.

Once I'm done and feeling relaxed, I step out of the shower and grab a towel from the towel rack that's built into the wall next to the shower. I dry myself off, secure the towel around my body with a small knot, and then go to grab the filthy clothes that I was wearing previously.

Only they're not there. In their place is a fresh set of clothes. This time, some dark grey sweatpants and a navy blue t-shirt. There are a pair of black laced panties and a matching bra placed neatly next to them.

I instantly become furious, and then a dark blush spreads onto my cheeks as I realize that whoever put these in here, most likely that bastard Kaden, probably saw me naked in the shower.

Without even thinking, I quickly barge out of the shower with the clothes in hand, and storm past the balcony into main part of the room.

Kaden is sitting at the desk, scribbling things down on the paper, his mouth folded into a frown.