Disclosure

"Where are you off to?" Damien asked casually as I sat at my dresser putting on my earrings.

"When did you get in?" I asked him, not really surprised at his unannounced arrival; Damien usually welcomed himself into my apartment like I did with his.

"About two minutes ago." He replied. "Now your turn, answer my question."

"I need to head out for a bit, I have something to pick up from the jewellery store and I thought I'd get some shopping done on my day off." I answered him and stood up.

Damien stepped closer towards me. "But I thought we were supposed to spend time together on your day off?" he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Don't sound so disheartened Damien, unlike me; you have to go to work today. Don't you have a company to run?"

"One of the many perks of being the boss is I can take a day off without asking or telling anyone." He said. "So I've decided to take today off to spend it with my beautiful fiancé."

"How sweet." I smiled humourlessly. "But you'll just have to go to the office because I'm going out. Besides I don't think you should abuse your power, especially not because of me."

"But you're a good reason to skip out on work."

"I don't think so." I said.

"But I know so." Damien said and pulled me closer. He leaned down to kiss me but I stilled and subconsciously turned my neck, resulting in Damien kissing my cheek instead of my lips.

I loosened out of his hold and took a step backwards. "You should really get to work Damien or you'll be late."

I didn't know why I acted that way but there was a moment I wasn't so comfortable with my position.

Damien sighed. "Alright, if you want me gone so much then I'll go." He said in a defeated tone.

"Have a good day." I said.

Damien looked at me like a child would to their parent who refused to let him skip school. "Okay, bye Carly." he straightened his coat. "If something happens to me in the predicted storm, don't you dare cry or I will haunt you in your dreams."

I rolled my eyes at Damien's dramatic antics. "Don't worry I won't."

"Alright." Damien said and again straightened his coat, this time a little more dramatically. "Goodbye Carly."

He slowly started making his way towards the door. Chuckling under my breath I walked towards him and stopped him by holding onto his hand. "Don't say goodbye, it sounds too long-term."

I stood on my tippy toes and pecked his cheek. "See you later." I smiled at him.

"I'd like for you to stay indoors today Carly." Damien said seriously. "A storm was predicted for later today, I don't want you to get caught amidst."

I glanced at the window and saw the wintery orange sun shining. "It doesn't look like there's going to be storm, the weatherman could've predicted wrong."

"The weather is unpredictable, one minute it can look like a bright sunny day but the next minute it can change into a ferocious storm." Damien said and cupped my cheek. "Just be safe okay."

I nodded with a small smile. "I will, I promise to not be gone too long. I'll only be at the mall and then the jewellery store to collect my necklace."

"What necklace?" Damien asked.

"Remember I took in one of my necklaces to get the clasp fixed?"