Chapter Four: The higher the heels, the happier you are.

I had just patched up with my best friend & the day couldn't get any better. But Sebastian's untended wounded kept lingering in the back of my mind. Sebastian was really scared of doctors and nurses but he really needed to get that wound checked.

That's his problem, stay the fuck out of it.

I decided to follow my mind and leave him as he was.

I decided to give the responsibility of the house party to Beth and Lily and they happily agreed. The more time Beth would look after him, the sooner he would fall for her...again. Who knows, he might have loved her like she did all this time? I would never know enough of this man.

A vivid image of Beth and Sebastian kissing by the lockers came into my mind. I had felt like a knife seething through my heart at that time and now, strangely, I felt the same feelings...only now I felt like ten knives were making their way through my heart.

'Because love gets stronger with time,' I snapped my eyes to Andrea who was reading some sappy love story. I rolled my eyes as she recited that line. Bullshit.

Thankfully, Beth was really happy today and Sebastian hadn't scolded her or something. He had just called her in to give her a few files.

Beth came in a few minutes later. Andrea rolled her eyes when she saw her.

'Hey, the party is tomorrow at 7. I will text you the details.' Beth said, giving the small party invite to Andrea and me.

I raised an eyebrow at her and she continued, 'Sebastian told me to invite y'all too. Everybody under the age of 26,'

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't going to this stupid party.

No way.

'And it is a masquerade, too.' Andrea said after reading the invitee. Definitely not going to this party!

'Why is it a masquerade?' I asked, Beth would know.

'Actually, this party is for Sebastian and Jenna. It's Jenna's birthday tomorrow and she wanted a masquerade ball type of thing and Sebastian's friends had been pestering him for a party ever since he became the CEO, so he is inviting his friends along.' Oh.

'Who's Jenna?'

'His sister,' Beth and I replied at the same time. Beth didn't seem to notice my awkwardness.

-

The next day, Saturday, Beth and Andrea forced me to go shopping with them for the dress to wear in the Masquerade. I told them I was sick and couldn't make it but they wouldn't take a 'no' for an answer. Remind me when did those two become friends and side up against me?

Right now, we were in a shop to purchase our dresses. It was Beth's own personal favourite.

Searching through the different dresses laying in front of us, Andrea was the first one to find her dress. It was a blue sequined short dress and Andrea kept it aside for herself. I was busy in replying to the emails and texts. Beth found herself a deep red gown. When she moved her red gown aside, I saw a classic black gown kept underneath it. I decided to try it.

We went to the trial rooms. After wearing the gown, I saw that it had a thigh high slit but I was okay with it. It was strapless but covered my bosom well, so I was really okay with it. The dress had only one clasp behind and I had a hard time putting the hooks. My bare back looked nice, if not sexy. I changed into my previous clothes again and decided to take the dress.

When I stepped outside, Andrea and Beth were already waiting for me. We had decided not to show the fitting of our dresses. It would be a surprise.