Chapter 40 : Drama Like No Other

Thoughts on the new cover? It was made by the ever so awesome @dehjakitty112. Thanks again hon. I've been feeling a lot like myself lately and I thought I should share that. Hope you like thissss! ;)

P.s. 40th chapter??? XO

ALOT WILL HAPPEN IN THIS CHAPTER SO TRY & KEEP UP.

Chapter 40 : Drama Like No Other

**smut warning** (yass bish yass)

I stood in front of the door for God only knows how long.

I felt as if I had been placed in a freezer for a year and my organs couldn't function because I was basically dead. Didn't really make any sense but that was exactly how I felt.

Familiar hands snaked their way around my waist pulling me towards a warm body I knew so well but I didn't react.

A kiss was delivered to my neck -- one that would have made me shivered usually but it didn't. It didn't have the same effect because I felt numb and at my unmoving figure Alex spun me around.

His face fell at the look I sported.

"Baby what's wrong?"

I looked up into the depths of his concerned blue eyes and I still couldn't speak. I was unable to.

I wanted to open the door and shout at the person on the other side. Beat at his chest and tell him to piss off and leave me alone...but I also wanted to wrap my arms around. Oh how I desperately wanted to do that. I wanted to cry and confess of the pain I've endured all these years because he left me with a monster of a step mother and an oblivious dad.

With this tornado of emotions occurring on the inside a whimper escaped my lips.

Alex gripped onto my arm tightly at the traitorous sound.

"Monroe who was at the door? Tell me." He ordered softly cradling my cheeks in his hands.

That did it for me and I broke down in his arms. He held me even though I gave him no answer. He could sense my distress and gave me the comfort I needed without a second thought.

My arms wrapped around him like I was falling and he kept me upright.

"Who was at the door Monroe? Who upset you so badly huh? Please tell me." He pleaded.

I shook my head burying my face in his deliciously scented shirt but it snapped up at the sound of knocking on the door again.

"Don't answering it," I somehow managed to croak out.

He looked at me weirdly then back at the door and I could see those wheels turning in his head before he did the act. Before he went against my word, catching me off guard and feeling betrayed.

He had opened the door.

The air felt like it was knocked out me again and I stumbled backwards but my jerk of a boyfriend caught me.

Caleb stood there as he did before but this time with a muscular man in a full black uniform that had him grasped by the shoulders.

"Mr. Parker do you know him?"

I looked up at Alex with questions in my eyes but he ignored my stare as he regarded the big man.

"I don't but I'm wondering if my girlfriend does. Do you Monroe?"

That was when he looked down at me and that was also when Caleb growled out a, "Boyfriend?"

Alex folded his arms across his chest, intimidation rolling off him in waves. I tensed in his hold.