Chapter 9 : The Meganerd and Megajerk

Remember to vote, comment, and fan. ♡

Chapter 9 : The Meganerd and Megajerk

The hallway was dead silent as Alex and I walked down it beside each other. I tensed at all the attention I was getting, this was what I was running from but it was too late now, I was already involved with the bad boy.

I shuffled closer to Alex and ignored their stares as much as possible.

Some people had looks of shock, disbelief, and just pure curiosity.

"So what class do you have first?" Alex asked casually removing his ray bands and leaning against the locker beside me.

I seriously don't know how he does it. It's as if he simply didn't care that everyone around us was "discreetly" looking over at us. It was as if it was normal for him...or he just didn't give.

"Uh. Math," I placed in my combination as I answered.

"Mental Abuse To Humans." He mumbled and I stared up at him amused by his response.

"Yup that's what they say but I just happen to like Mathematics." I said I tried my locker combination again but it didn't budge.

"Seriously?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes at me. "Should've known, you're a nerd or geek as I've heard." He didn't say it as an insult and I appreciated that but...

"Just because I get straight A's that doesn't mean I'm a nerd...or geek." I said, now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Elaborate," He said raising an eyebrow at me challengingly.

"A nerd is of a different category. They enjoy using jargon or unfamiliar terminology in speech, which I do rarely. I'm definitely no geek either. Geeks obsess over plays, boardgames, composers, movies and the generally cliché hacking hobby. I haven't ever even watched Star Wars! The only thing you got correct is that both are likely to be intelligent." I rambled.

Alex looked at me with his jaw agape.

"Scratch the nerd only thing, now you're a mega nerd." He told me seriously.

"Well if that is so then you are a mega jerk." I returned smiling at him sweetly.

He clutched his chest dramatically and a look of agony overtook his face, "Ouch princess, that hurt my ego."

I rolled my eyes at his boyish behavior, "Stop with the theatricalities and help me get this stupid locker open." I whined tugging at my lock.

"Step aside amateur." He said gently moving me away to the side.

"First it was nerd then geek and then mega nerd, now it's amateur? All these insults are taking a toll onto my emotions. I'm hurt, really." I said dryly.

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you princess," He scoffed and braced himself against my locker and pushed hard.

I snorted in an unladylike fashion, "And so doesn't 'princess'."

With one forceful hit of the elbow he dents my locker, eases his body off it then knocks with his fist making it squeak open. "Voila!" He exclaimed proudly stepping aside so I could look.

I looked up at him with my mouth opened. "I don't know whether to be thankful or concerned." I grumbled.

He shrugged and I stared placing in some books out of my unzipped bag and into the locker when I realized something and froze.