chapter: 6

"Selena!" Taylor slurs, slowly becoming alert of her surroundings. She stands up shakily, glancing around frantically. She's trying to recollect what has happened in the past hour, and wondering why she woke in Selena's arms.

"Okay, so, Tay, um... before you freak out, may I ask... what the hell?" Selena stumbles through her words, mostly with concern for her friend, but with a bit of guilty curiosity. Selena patiently waits for Taylor to answer, but then she spots a bright, flashing white light in the corner of her eye. "Seriously?" she snarls in a hushed tone and grips Taylor's arm, yanking her into the nearest room.

"Holy shit." K groans. As she was swinging the door open, pop starlet Taylor Swift and bestie Selena Gomez trudge through the door. My life is an actual JOKE. She thinks, laughing. Taylor and Selena both stare at her and K suddenly realizes something, the same guns that were pointing at her are now directly on Taylor.

"K! Oh, um, hi...?" Taylor blurts out, feeling stupid and lovesick, even though she should probably be pissed. She watches K type in a series of numbers to her left. Selena just stands idly by, rocking back and forth on her toes. Taylor, feeling sheepish, stares off into the distance, and sees a familiar face on a screen. Her own. 

"Oh my go-." Taylor panics, right at the moment K shoves both her and Selena into a medium sized closet. Taylor's angry now, avoiding eye contact with K, but nonetheless, she's livid.

"Please Taylor, you've got to let me explain." K says, the words falling out her mouth without her permission.

"Explain what? You USED me! I don't even know you, and that's kind of a low blow." Taylor snaps, still only looking past K at a vacant wall.

"I never ever meant to." K gulps.

"You never meant to? You never meant to?!What is that even supposed to mean?!"

"You don't understand. It's my line of work. If they didn't think I was in here threatening your life, or conning you out of your money, they would've had me killed already." K sneaks behind Taylor and whispers in her ear, faltering a little, but only from the lump forming in her throat. Honestly, she would rather be dead than dealing with this.

"What kind of job makes you have sex with people?! Wait... I didn't mean that. I bet you all are very lovely people, but usually the person would know if you were recording said actions!" Taylor yells, leaning against a wall because her head is spinning. Maybe she doesn't even know who I am? Was that ever addressed? Would that even matter? Taylor dismisses the thought from her head, what K was doing was extremely illegal, she would think.

"Can you shut up for a second? I'm going to get us out of this... I just need a little time." K stutters, sloppily pulling out her phone, and again, punches random things into it. This girl's hella high strung, K grudges.

"Um... Guys, I hate to ruin whatever this is, but paparazzi is outside and I feel like you, K... Is that your name? Anyway, I feel like they wouldn't feel too keen on the idea of GUNS being pointed at their heads. So..." Selena announces with a half suspicious/half terrified voice. K whips her head around, murmuring swear words under her breath. Taylor wiped an angry tear away from her eye, huffing.

K then takes a sharp breath in, becoming very alert,  "Okay guys, I have an idea, but you might just have to risk everything..."