22

Two days later I told her everything. With her I mean Rachel and with everything... I mean everything. Now, I'm not usually a person who easily confides in people - if at all - but I just had to tell someone so I could understand what I needed to do next. And since Rachel was there and asking me what was wrong, everything came out before I could even think about it.

What my mini confessional speech got me was a smack on the back of my head. As I stared surprised at Rachel, she shook her head and proceeded to tell me how dumb I was.

"Dumb? Me?" I asked indignant.

We were sitting in her car, parked in front of my house where she was supposed to drop me off before I'd stopped her to confess my sins.

"Yeah, you. Now I understand everything."

"What do you mean?"

She sighed and turned off the ignition. "Well, for starters that explains why you didn't fall for my charms."

"Uh?" I asked confused.

"I had a crush on you, if it wasn't obvious enough." She said annoyedly.

"You did?"

She sighed again. "You really are dumb. If you remember, I kissed you once."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I remember."

"And that didn't give it away?"

"I thought it could be possible but I wasn't sure. It's not like you told me..." I said defensively.

"Well, I liked you. But since you've had someone else on your mind this whole time, I don't blame you."

Then it suddenly hit me. "Wait, you don't like me still, right?"

She snorted. "Thank God I don't."

"Hey! Really? You're thanking God? I'm not that bad."

She laughed and patted my head. Then, after a moment of silence said. "I'm seeing someone."

"Oh," I said surprised. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's a recent development."

"Oh."

She smiled and then narrowed her eyes at me. "Back to you and your hot neighbor girlfriend..."

"I told you we're not together!" I protested.

"Really? So all this time you've been making out with her and nobody knew?"

I nodded. "But it happened like two times, not 'the whole time'."

"And she's been denying it?"

"Yeah, although I still haven't seen her since the last time."

"So what are you planning to do?" She asked.

"Uh, nothing?"

"Of course nothing. Why am I even asking?"