Episode 12: the truth is out

Amy got home an hour ago, she was laying in bed in Ashley's bedroom.
She was looking at the ceiling. She tried to figure out what happened that day. Her mom doesn't know she got home. After Grace dropped her off, she immediately went to the garage/bedroom. She didn't want her mom to see her like this.
Right after Amy had these thoughts her mother came into the garage.

"Amy, your back already? Why didn't you come inside?" Anne asked.
Anne was wearing her pajamas, and a bathrope. Her hair looked kinda messy so it probably means she got into bed already.
"Yes, i'm home. I just wanted to be alone." Amy said.
Anne closed the door, and walked into the room. When she got closer she saw how puffy Amy's eyes looked.
"Have you been crying?" She asked, worried.
Amy didn't speak, she was just staring at the ceiling until a tear showed up and rolled down her cheek.
Anne saw this and sat down on the bed.
"Amy, what's going on?" She asked.
Amy sighed and sat upright on her bed. She wiped away the tears that were slowly rolling down her cheeks.
"Mom, today was probably the worst day of my life." She said, sincere.
Anne looked at Amy, she took Amy's hand and comforted her.
"You can tell me what's going on, Amy." Anne said, with a soft voice.
Amy felt as if she might collapse again. As if the whole world would fall down on her again. But she had to stay strong, face her demons and tell the truth.

"Mom, what i'm about to tell you will change everything, once and for all." She said.
Anne nodded. "Whatever it is, i can handle it!" She said confidently.
Amy looked down for a few seconds, then she looked into her mother's eyes.

"Mom, i'm pregnant." She said. This time it seemed easier to say. The words came out of her mouth without the urge of wanting to stop herself.

Anne looked confused and shocked. This was probably one of the last things she thought Amy would tell her. But she tried to stay calm and not to overreact.
"Your pregnant?" She asked, wondered if she heard it right.
Amy nodded. "This is why i've been down this whole time. This is the reason why i'm not in the mood lately." She sighed. "I'm really sorry mom. I didn't mean to have sex and be pregnant again."
"But who's the father?" Anne asked. She didn't want to ask her daughter this, but this was the first reaction she had in mind. Even though it sounds cruel and awful to ask your daughter this question, she had to.
"Who do you think?" Amy looked away, she didn't want to say his name cause she's been hurt enough that day. Amy looked back at Anne, her eyes were soaked in tears. "Ricky." She said finally.

Anne looked shocked. "Ricky?" She asked. "Are you sure, Amy?"
Amy felt hurt by that comment. "Yes of course Ricky, who else would i have sex with?" She said, angrily. "And besides, Ricky is once again the only guy i've ever had sex with!"
Anne still looked confused by all this information she got. "But when did this happen?" She asked, angrily.
"The night i came back from New York for the first time, since i left Ricky and John." She said.
Anne was thinking. "I don't remember that?" she said.
"Do you remember that evening when you and dad told me i looked a little bit too nice to go to my ex's apartment to visit my son. When you said it looked like i was going out on a date?" Amy asked.
Anne nodded. "Yes, i remember!" She sighed and looked disappointed. "So you had sex with Ricky that night, but why?"
"I don't know mom. Things happen. It happened!" She said sincere.
Anne shook her head. "I really thought you learned from your mistakes Amy!"

Amy looked down, she knew that she had disappointed her mom. But the worst part was that Amy had disappointed herself.

"I know i shouldn't have had sex. But at that moment i wasn't thinking clear!" She sighed. "And, my emotions were messed up. I kinda thought i could be with him again."
"So you thought you could win Ricky back by having sex with him?" Anne asked in a way that made her sound as if Amy was stupid.
"No! I didn't say that!" Amy shouted.
"I carried this guilt with me in New York for two months that i left John and Ricky. And i was thinking what it could have been if i married Ricky and didn't leave for New York. And after coming back for the first time in two months, since i left them. I thought he might have feelings for me, since he was the one that started making out with me and that led to having sex."

Anne looked down. "You thought he had feelings for you, that's why you had sex with him. So you thought you two could maybe have a second chance to be with each other?" Anne asked. Anne could feel her heart break. She understood what her daughter was thinking and why she did what she did. Even though it was a wrong decision.
Amy bit her lip, she looked nervous and for the first time, the truth came out of her mouth.
"Yes." She said. "I had sex with him because i thought he had feelings for me and that it could be a start of something beautiful again." She said, while she wiped away her tears.
"Oh, Amy." Anne said, wiping her own tears away. "You started something beautiful... You created a baby."

Anne was the first person that made Amy feel like she didn't make a mistake. That it was okay to have a baby again. That she will be okay.
"Thank you mom." Amy said, sobbing.
Anne hugged Amy tightly. "you are my daughter. You will always be my daughter. I don't think having a baby is a mistake. The mistake is, if you think you made a mistake! And don't think like that. Look at John, he's gonna turn four years old very soon. Even though your having another baby with Ricky, i know you and Ricky will be okay!"
Anne leaned back, she held Amy's hand and smiled at her. "So what did Ricky say?"
Amy's smile turned into sadness.

"He didn't take it very well. I was talking to Madison and Lauren in the girls restroom, i collapsed and told them the truth. Ricky came in and he saw me crying and asked what was going on. I told him the truth and he tried to deny the truth. He told me horrible things i don't want to say again. Not for today anyway." Amy looked down and wiped another pair of tears away.
"You don't need to tell me if you find it too hard." Anne sighed. "You know Ricky, you know him better than anyone else, Amy! You know he just needs to process it and think about it. He will come around. I know it!" Anne said very certain.

"And what if he doesn't?" Amy asked.

---

[the next evening]

Ricky was reading a story to John.
"The queen wanted to have it all, so she took it all. The princess didn't want the queen to have it all so she fought for..." He stopped. John was sleeping on Ricky's shoulder.
Ricky closed the book and put it on the couch. He was looking at his son. He was still thinking about Amy telling him she's pregnant. "John looks just like Amy." Ricky thought.
He picked John up and brought him into his room and put him in his bed. John looked so innocent. Not knowing that he was the product of two high school students at band camp.
Ricky wondered if Amy was okay. He knew he wasn't very nice to her. But that was his reaction towards the news. He couldn't change that.
"I'm gonna talk to Amy, tomorrow." He thought.

---

George was sitting at his desk at the restaurant. He was organizing archives and he was doing some paperwork. He was very busy and tried to stay calm.
When he first bought the restaurant he was just the boss, giving orders. But now he had to do all the paperwork.
"All this paperwork, i should have stayed jobless..." George thought.

His phone rang.
"Hello, George Juergens here. Unless this is very important, i can't talk right now."
George's look changed. His looked changed into disbelief.
"Thank you for calling, Ruben!"
He said.
George threw his phone and paperwork on the desk and stood up.
He walked out of his office and ran into the restaurant, he was looking for his staff.
As he walked in, he saw Amber, she was the restaurant's waitress.
"Mr. Juergens, where are you going?"
George looked confused. "I'm sorry, Amber. Do you want to watch this place until i get back?" He asked.
"Why, what's going on?"
George brushed his hand through his hair.
"I really need to talk to my daughter's ex boyfriend."
"Did something happen?" She asked, worried.

George shook his head. "No, but that doesn't mean that nothing is going to happen!" George looked furious and had a vitriolic look on his face.