Episode 8: the reunion part 1

Ricky went through his mail and found an envelope directed to him and Amy.  It said 'CLASS REUNION INVITATION'.
He opened the envelope and read it.

"To Richard and Amy Underwood"

With pride and joy we invite you and your wife Amy Juergens-Underwood
to share a special day in our lives for the 100th anniversary of our school, and join us for
the Class Reunion of
Ulysses S. Grant High School
For the graduates of the years 2010-2013.
on September 1st.
at 7:00 p.m.

Valley Glen, Los Angeles, California

Signed, Katelyn O'Mally."

Ricky put the letter back in the envelope. "The school thinks me and Amy got married. Great." He thought.
After thinking what he should do or not do he decided to call George.

"Hello, George Juergens here. How can i help you?"
"George?" Ricky asked astonished. "It's Ricky! And why are you talking like that?"
"I wanted to try something else on the phone. And since i'm working right now i have to be a professional ya know?" George said.
"No, i don't know." Ricky said. "Look, George. I called to ask you a favor?"
"A favor?" George asked. "What kind of a favor?"
Ricky continued. "I just got an invitation of me and Amy's old high school. They are inviting us for a reunion day for the graduates of 2010-2013. They think me and Amy got married so i got the Invitation."
"So?" George asked. "I don't see a problem? Isn't it nice to see everyone back?"
"That's not the point" ricky said, irritated. "I want to ask you if you could ask Amy if she could go with me cause i don't want to make a scene at school explaining why we didn't get married!"
"Why do i have to ask her?" George asked. Wondering why he had to be the one asking his moody daughter to go to a reunion with her ex.
"We are not really speaking to each other right now, and you are speaking to her and she's your daughter so could you ask her?" Ricky asked not certain what George might answer.
"Yes, she is my daughter but she's also your son's mother!" George said. "Just ask her, and solve your issues you have with her!"
"Can't you just ask her? For this one little favor i ask you, George?" Ricky asked.
George sighed. "I guess i could." He said. "But why aren't you speaking to her?"
Ricky paused for a second. "We had a fight!"
George laughed on the other side of the phone. "Are you sure you two are broken up? Cause you both act like your married!"
"Yes, i'm sure!" Ricky said steady. "She's just so... complicated."
"She's complicated, or you are?" George asked.

---

In New York Amy just finished classes and went home. Some of the fellow students asked her if she wanted to go out that night. But she didn't feel like it.
She didn't feel like doing anything. She was so tired and moody. Amy still had her calendar in her mind. Now counting 50 days...

Her period was 50 days too late. This started worrying her.
After arriving home she took her little red purse and opened it,
she grabbed a little box entitled  'pregnancy test'.
She took the box with her and walked to the bathroom. She felt insecure and worried and she hoped to God, she wasn't pregnant.
After looking at her sad mirrored reflection she started crying. She tried to stay strong but she couldn't.
She wiped her tears away and decided to take the pregnancy test. After she took it, she waited for the results while she sat on the edge of the bathtub.

After a little while she knew it was time to look at the test, but she didn't want to. She was scared. She didn't want to be pregnant again. She pulled herself together and looked at the test.

---

"Hello, ladies. What would you like to order?" George asked to two of his customers. "We would like to order some french fries and x2 coca cola's. The costumor said. "I will let our waiter get that for you ladies." George said with a big smile.
George walked away from table 7 and looked for his waiter, after he found him he told the waiter what the customers ordered and asked him if he could get that for them.

George stood there in his restaurant, proud of what he became, and what he got.
When he remembered he promised Ricky to call Amy.
George grabbed his phone and called Amy.

"Hello?" Amy said on the other side of the phone.
"Hi, Ams." George said with a happy voice.
"Hey dad. What do you want?" She said snobbing.
George's tone changed. "Are you okay? Are you crying?" George asked.
"No." Amy said. "I have a cold."
George believed it and continued the conversation. "Ricky asked me to call you. He got an invitation from your old high school. The school's inviting all of the graduates from 2010-2013 to reunite with all the ex-fellow-students."
Amy seemed confused. "Why did Ricky got my Invitation?" She asked.
"Ricky got one invitation, the school thinks you both got married so they send it to him."
"Great". Amy thought. "Oh, okay... In that case i guess i'll go! Just let Ricky text me the date. So i can get ready."
"Why don't you just come now? The reunion will probably be a week away so you can spend more time with John and with me, your mom, Robie and Moose!" George said. Trying to convince Amy.
"I don't know." Amy said. "I mean... The school did offer me some days off, and i still have to choose what days i'll take."
"That's nice!" George said. "So use your days! Or do you want to come back with Ben on your way home? Since he's probably invited too!"
Amy paused, and thought about Ben who would probably stalk her. The last time she was in a plane with Ben, he pretended to be married to her and he took her engagement ring plus her wedding band. "Yeah, your right. I will."
"So when are you flying back?" George asked.

"Tomorrow." Amy said. "I will book a flight for tomorrow night."