5:I've got my eye on you.

THE ARCHER

Two months. I have been dealing with this urge to see her begging on her knees, crying out for her little life for two months. In this game, there will be no such rule as fairness or mercy. She won't be able to escape me now. Not until I drag her to hell with me.

"Fuck,man. Your hand seems fine now." Marcus groans, his voice echoing into the empty room as he landed on the ground.

" I don't even get what pleasure you derive from inflicting pain on others." Theo says , his gaze still fixed on his book. Dirty blond hair, blue eyes and ultimately an epitome of  patience mate. So unlike me.

" It's called boxing." I informed flatly.

" Doesn't make you any less of a sadist. " He states fixing his glasses.

" What's gotten into you,man," Marcus says," You seem peculiar lately."

" Worry about yourself." I snapped exiting out of the ring.

'I am not scared of you.' 'Kiss me'. Which was more true? Doesn't matter. I might do both. Scare her. Kiss her.

" So you know there's a lake in my campus?" Theo asked as we sat down to eat breakfast. We were together only on weekends as he is always in that damn university, studying. He never had a choice to choose his majors. His dad did it for him; Since he was a kid, they always demanded that that's what he gotta do...some generational legacy.

" Yeah. So?" I asked, my tone bordering on indifference.

" So, the lake will be freezed solid...we can go...skate." his voice soft and low.

" You want to skate?"

" Yes. Come with me. Take Marcus too."

" Okay. I will clear my schedule. " I said taking a sip of chamomile tea.

🏹

A week passed. The landscape draped in a blanket of thick pristine snow contrasting beautifully with the verdant  golf field. My bedrooms windows overlooked the dying orchids and red roses that grew along the mansion, mostly green vines which turned white grey due to snow.

I put on a camal overcoat and cashmere scarf over the charcoal shade tailored- suit. And balck leather gloves.

" Get inside. It's freezing out there." Theo said, sitting in the driver's seat ,a brown tenchcoat layed beside him. His cheeks were red with a hint of purple. Marcus was sitting in the backseat in a navy attire, leaving the passenger seat for me.

It's took forty minutes of drive to reach there. The university was enormous, something cold and nothing related to any modern element. It whispered a breath of ancient world with distant mountain, greens and dew, monotonous movements , black gates and brown walls. Stranger's were gliding, couples hands in hand, kids holding onto their parents tightly, few stumbling upon each other. It was not crowded but still laughter and talks were all I could hear.

" Here, Hael." Marcus said handing me the skating shoes.

" Is it open for public?" I asked, my gaze fixed over the frozen lake.

" Yes." Theo answered putting on skates.

" Have you ever done this,prince." Marcus  gave a big grin. " You can hold my hands if you want."

" I haven't. " I replied moving forward. And I glide. Easy. I figured it was all about knowing your movements and keeping a balance.

" Impressive for a beginner." Theo runned infront of me with evident but modest confidence and smiled. I accelerated to catch up with him and his bailiwick but it soon ceased upon hearing a familiar voice.

" You lose." Theo yelled at a distance.

Was that her? My eyes scrutinizing the whole area, trying to find something I quite can't contemplate until it land on her...staring at her.

I am obsessed. I am addicted..with the idea of hunting her down, controlling her, ruining her, being the single cause for her nightmares.

She was right infront of ...her dark brown hair adorned with a black bow, black sweater and cream skirt, giggleling like a little girl .At that moment, I was in oblivion. An enchantment of malignant sensation enveloped me...yearning to touch her, scarcely kill her...maybe even let her innocent laughter consume me whole.

She isn't naive neither nice; Infuriating , vexatious and stubborn,who would put a dagger right through your heart without blinking once. Beautiful and dangerous but absolutely no match for me. She wouldn't be able to do anything other than scream my name if I grabbed her by her throat and fuck her senseless.

Marcus and Theo were at a distance,  laughing in their own world. It was a perfect opportunity for me to amuse myself a bit.