Chapter 16: Dont Drop the Soap

⚠️This chapter discusses themes of SA, drug addiction, suicidal actions, and child neglect. Please read with caution ⚠️

I shift on the metal bench uncomfortably, the holding cell that's small and lacks light reeks of piss and BOD

Leo rests his elbows on his knees, placing his head in them. "I'm going to be in so much trouble."

"Same," I say, although I think our definition of getting in trouble is way different.

We stay quiet for a moment and Leo sighs loudly, "Thanks for that back there."

I shrug, "They were assholes."

He hums, thinking for a moment before opening his mouth, "They-they were the reason I left my last school."

I raise an eyebrow, rubbing the bruise that's forming on my jaw.

"It's embarrassing, so you can't laugh, promise?"

I nod, looking over at him. "I was getting bullied."

I bite the inside of my cheek, little puzzle pieces in my head clicking together.

'Just complications at my other ones.'

'I mean, you want me to come?'

'What's your plan with my brother, hm? Get close to him? Come over to his house eat dinner then ditch him?'

Deep down I knew it, but I never wanted to confirm it. Leo was one of the nicest guys I knew and even though we knew each other briefly, I still felt this connection with him, one I didn't have with my honorary brothers.

"And those were the people?" I ask, my voice getting louder by the second. "Those assholes were the ones picking on you?"

He nods, "It was more than just regular name-calling. It got- it got really bad. Like...hospital bad."

"With the pills," I start, "was what that guy said true?"

"It was a stupid idea," he mumbles, "I don't know why I did it."

At the mention of pills and drugs, I tense, memories of my parents flooding back in my mind.

"Don't go dying on me, okay? I need you, we all need you."

Leo looks at me, his brown eyes flooding with an emotion that I can't name.

"I won't," he says, "I promise I won't." Determination fills his voice

I fall back into the concrete wall, clasping my hands together.

My mind races and my brows knit together, "Las Vegas."