Chapter 15: Seven Musketeers

Long chapter 🫡

I never put too much thought into my appearance, of course, I never failed to notice how my eyes were such a dark shade of green they were almost brown, or that I was shorter than most girls, or how I was less fortunate in the breast department

But compared to the girls I lived with and the ones at my school I might as well have been a troll.

And it wasn't just the looks part of me that I was insecure about, it was the inside of me too.

I didn't make people laugh or feel happy that I knew of. I wouldn't call myself a rain cloud, I was in the middle. I didn't offer anything.

For example, Alea had the most silky light blonde hair that was equivalent to a goddess. I had blonde hair too, but it wasn't down to my butt like hers, it was basically brown and only reached my chest. She also had the legs of an angel, long and tan that could land her a modeling contract. However with the lack of nutrition she was getting recently, they looked more skeleton-like.

Alea carried around this confidence that I lacked severely, she never failed to cheer someone up or make a funny joke when it was awkward.

Taking a deep breath I push down on the soap dispenser but nothing comes out.

"Aw man," I mumble quietly, turning on the sink.

It's Wednesday and I'm exhausted. Me and Walker stayed on the roof last night and I think I have a cold.

Sniffling, I turn off the sink water and turn around only to be met with a girl in my grade.

"Excuse me," I mutter, trying to sidestep her.

"Wait." She blocks my way, making her long black hair swish.

Vanessa.

I had a project with her in freshman year, I had to do all the work because she talked to the boys behind us the whole time.

"That boy that you always hang around with is cute," she starts. "How'd ya manage to snag him?"

I frown as my self-esteem plummets to the ground.

"Oh," I mumble, trying to walk past her again. "We're not dating." And even though she never classified which boy, I knew who she was talking about.

She laughs, grabbing my bag off my shoulder. "Do you have any lipgloss? I lost mine in third."

She rummages through it, knocking out multiple of his contents.