Ch 32: 'Lie to Me'

[Here we are...We finally reach it...The epic conclusion to the HERO KILLER ARC. It's been a ride of ups and downs. But we've finally reached the end, and I feel, and hope, it's something you all can enjoy. Because there's a lot of heart put into this one, and lately, that's something I feel my books need more than ever. I do truly hope you enjoy it all, for this chapter ends on a note you will not want to miss! So, yeah! Get ready for the action and fun below, it's definitely a plus side in an otherwise slow arc.

[But from the chapter after this I will be doing a new writing style. So be excited for that as well]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[3rd Person POV]

"When I was younger...I had a nightmare that wouldn't go away..."

Rising from the shadows of the alleyway, from within the smoke brought on by the most recent collision of powers, a figure could be seen beginning to take form.

"...But unlike most nightmares, it didn't come to me when I was asleep. It came to me when I was awake..."

Slowly, as more and more of the appearance of this figure came together in the shadows, they started to move. Their weakened body hobbled through the dark mirrors that cascaded through this pitch-black world around them. Heading towards the middle of this walled off area.

"...It flashed before my eyes. In an instant. A nightmare that felt too real to ignore. A nightmare I still carry to this day..."

The uncoordinated steps in which this person took soon became obvious. Enough to draw the gaze of young Tenya Iida, who still remained unable to move from his position on the cold alleyway ground. Once his gaze caught hold of the approaching person, his eyes widened. The man in the shadows continued to draw closer.

"...When I first caught grasp on this living nightmare, I tried everything to quench it. I did all I could to keep it at bay. But nothing worked...Nothing ever seems to work in this dark world..."

In this moment, Stain exited from the darkness. His body was covered with blood and purple bruises from everything that just happened. He was so sore he could barely find the strength to remove his second sword from the holster on his back. But with his other sword being discarded after the powerful attack from (Y/n) earlier, the Hero Killer didn't have much choice. Once his hand grasped the centre of his blade and removed it from the compartment on his back, he sent his eyes toward Iida. 

"...Eventually I grew tired of the pills and the people who told me various reasons for why I had these nightmares. But they were wrong. They didn't understand this world like I did..."

With blood dripping from his hands and falling to the ground, Stain's body eventually came to a stop right behind Iida. There, he slowly began to lift his blade high into the air. The only reason Iida had any idea what was going on was because of the shadow that was displayed in front of him. The haunting image of Stain and his weapon, raised high into the air, ready to strike and finish him off. In this moment, a wave of regret and fear splashed Iida.

"...In the end, I came to understand something. If I wanted these nightmares in my head to stop. I had to do something about it. I had to stop the nightmares. And sometimes, the only one to stop nightmares... Is by killing them at the source."

But what was the source of these strange nightmares? Well, that was simple. The way to end these nightmares had become the very mission Stain had placed upon himself. A mission that could be summed up in four simple words.

Kill!

Stain: "...Kill..."

All!