49

Jo's P.O.V.

I was staring at Brittany's message for a couple of minutes now.

I didn't want to cut class, especially since it was my last hour but I couldn't make myself go to that classroom and see Brittany and not even talk to her.

This morning was awkward.

Even though I didn't know if she was gonna pick me up, I still decided to wait for her and she actually showed up.

But in the car, the tension just builds up, nobody wants to utter even one word.

So now, I'm here at our spot, killing time. 

I don't know why I came here. I could've killed time in the library where I always go but this place somehow gives me comfort.

I looked at the wall where I was once pinned by Brittany.

I smiled bitterly.

I hated her for a long time but that day changed everything.

One kiss changed everything.

I sighed deeply.

Time passed by with me just staring into space. However, my mind didn't stop thinking about Brittany.

The bell went off a while ago. I was self-debating if I should eat lunch.

I am not hungry but I need the energy to practice later.

I was about to stand up when I heard the familiar voice owned by none other than Brittany.

"I thought I'd find you here."

Brittany walked towards me and sat by my side.

"You didn't attend last hour." She continued and stared into the wall as well.

"Did you suddenly go mute?" It was not annoyance but amusement I found in her voice.

I looked at her side.

Even her profile looks gorgeous. I had to stop myself from touching her face.

"I couldn't." That made her look at me.

As I gazed into her electric blue eyes, everything else seemed to fade away. The world around us blurred into insignificance, leaving only her captivating gaze silently telling me how much she cares for me though a hint of sadness is very visible in her eyes.

Yet, as much as I wanted to tell her that I loved her too, something held me back.

An unspoken fear gripped my heart, whispering doubts and insecurities that made the words stick in my throat. 

It wasn't that I didn't feel it, I did, with every fiber of my being, but some part of me hesitated, afraid of what might happen if I laid bare my emotions.

"Jo..." She called on me.

She lets a few seconds pass before she speaks again.

"Do you want to stop this?"

I felt what was like a heavy weight on my chest, making it hard to breathe.

Is she asking me to end things with her?

It is just an agreement between the two of us but it felt so personal.

Because you love her...

"Brit..." I whispered. Not sure what to say.

"Look, I may be selfish or you know, I'm not a good person but I don't want to imprison you anymore with our agreement. You have a lot going on in your life and I just feel like, I'm adding to your burden so... I'm letting you go, Jo. And you don't have to worry about Reese, I won't let my girls touch her again."

"Brittany..."

"It's fine, Jo. I could see how it was hard for you to be with me. The past few days, well, you were avoiding me, I'm not stupid. I see what you are doing and it really got me thinking." She chuckled before continuing.

"At first I thought you were jealous of Hailey. I made myself think that because I was hoping you feel the same way. But now, it was so clear to me, that you don't feel the same way." She chuckled again and looked up.

Was that tears brimming her eyes?

"I want to do right by you, Jo. So yeah, I'm letting you go. I want you to be happy even if it was not with me."

Brittany stood up.

"And you don't have to worry, I won't bother you anymore."

My hand like it has its own mind, grabbed her wrist and it made her stop from walking.

I stood up leveling with her and pulled her in for a hug.

I could tell she was surprised and definitely did not expect that as she just stood still, not hugging me back.

"I love you, Brittany..."

I finally said it. I can't believe I finally said it.

I couldn't help but follow it with a sob.

"I love you, Brittany Anderson." I repeated as she did not move still.

I freed her a little bit, just enough to see her face.

"You do?" It was barely a whisper. A tear fell down her cheek but I don't think she was aware that she was crying.

"I do, babe." I nodded my head, crying with her.

"B-But..." Before she could say anything else, I pulled her in again but this time, to kiss her.

As our lips touched, my emotions surged like a tidal wave. 

It was a mix of longing, missing her deeply, and feeling an overwhelming love for her. 

Each movement of our lips felt like coming home after a long journey, a rush of warmth and happiness spreading through me. 

It was a silent confession of my deepest feelings, a moment where words weren't needed because our hearts spoke volumes.

"I love you." I said in between kisses.

Brittany didn't answer that, instead, she guided me to the same wall where she pinned me before without breaking our kiss.

As she deepened the kiss, she pressed me gently against the wall, her hands finding their place naturally. 

One hand rested on my arm, a comforting touch that grounded me in the moment. 

The other hand slipped around the back of my neck, fingers tangling in my hair with a tender grasp. It was as if her touch conveyed everything words couldn't express, love, desire, and a deep connection that bound us together in that intimate embrace.

I love you, Brittany...

This repeatedly goes not in my mind but in my heart.

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or just simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Follow me on IG as well: LunaMarcel0

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)