Chapter 9

Ari left home the next day at 6am in the morning. Day 2 of the festival was to begin at 5pm, yet it was important that she be there. In fact, all of Seraphina was to be present, considering that they were the best girl group of the season.

While Seraphina did not have to perform, Ari did, because she was the best female performer of the season. Just thinking about her solo performance on stage made Ari nervous. Well, she wouldn't literally be solo, she had her background dancers, she still felt nervous. 

And she had a good reason to be nervous.

The song she would perform today, was dedicated to her sister-in-law. She named the song 'Maria'. Maria was Jinah's english name. 

Once, when Jinwoo was out on a raid, Jinah had come home crying. Worried Ari asked her, "Jinah, what happend?"

Jinah told her the entire story, while sobbing in between. A few girls had bullied Jinah about her naturally purple hair. They had completely lowered the girl's confidence about her looks. Ari sympathised with the girl. She too was teased a lot for her naturally white hair. However, she was never bullied.

When Jinwoo came home from the raid, completely exhausted, the poor man nearly got a heart-attack when he saw his sister sobbing in his wife's arms. It took a lot of comforting from Ari and Jinwoo to calm Jinah down.

In the end the girl fell asleep on the couch. Ari and Jinwoo discussed the matter over dinner. Later, Jinwoo carried Jinah to bed. The next day, Jinah wasn't ready to go to school. She just wrapped herself in her blanket and lied down the whole day.

This made Ari wonder on how bad the bulying was.

For Jinah to finally start going to school again, it took a lot of convincing from both Jinwoo and Ari. Ari still remembers her words to Jinah, "If you don't fit today's beauty standards, you'll just have to become a newer and different beauty standard."

Presently, Jinah's fairly confident about herself, but Ari had seen the lingering doubt in her eyes. And most of the time, music is the best solution to problems. So that's how 'Maria' came to being.

However Ari had no time to practice this song on stage because she was too busy with Seraphina. The background dancers knew the choreography. However, they had never danced with her.

So, Lee Jiah, the lady who informed her about the festival as well as the associate director, had asked her to be at the concert arena by 6:45am.

"Now, don't be too late to the venue and drive carefully, okay?" Ari said a little rushed as she grabbed her hand bag from the drawer in the living room. "Yes ma'am..." Jinwoo replied, yawning. 

Ari giggled softly, "I'll join you and Jinah after my performance." she informed before standing on the tips of her toes and kissing Jinwoo's cheek. "I'll be going now." Ari said, moving towards the door.

She didn't make it too far before she was pulled back into her husband's arms. "Do you have to go?" Jinwoo asked wrapping his arms around his wife as she buried her face into his chest. Ari hummed in response.

Jinwoo sighed, "Stay." he said, "Please?"

Ari giggled, "Nampyeon~ I have to go."

"No." Jinwoo said firmly as he buried his face into her hair.

"Please~" Ari asked hopefully.

Jinwoo shook his head sideways, still keeping his head buried in the girl's hair.

'I have no other choice.' Ari thought. She looked up at her husband and looked straight into his grey eyes. 

"Please, Oppa?"