Chapter 3

Lines in bold will be said by both Jinwoo and Ari. Lee Jiah is my oc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day after the date:

It was around 8 in the morning and peace reigned in the Sung household. Jinah was sitting at the table looking through her phone, with her brother sitting across her reading a newspaper. The only sound that was heard in the entire household was the sound of cooking and Ari's melodic humming.

Jinwoo had decided to stay at home for a few days, considering he had only recently been discharged from the hospital. Ari was given a leave today because  their was some renovating work going on. Jinah, however would leave to college after sometime.

The serene environment was interrupted by the ringing of a phone. Ari looked at kitchen counter where she had kept her phone. An unknown number was calling her. 'Eh? Who could be calling so early in the morning?' she thought as she wiped her hands on her apron.

"You can answer the call later Ari." Jinwoo's voice rang out, making Ari pause. Looking at her confused expression, he continued, "What if you cut yourself or burn yourself, because you were too busy talking to whoever called you? It's not very safe to be on a call and cook at the same time..." this caused Ari to roll her eyes and Jinah to squeal internally at her brother's over-protective nature. 'If I don't get a man as caring as Oppa, I ain't marrying.' thought Jinah.

"It'll be alright Nampyeon." Ari giggled before picking up the phone and swiping the answer button. "This is Sung Ari speaking." the girl spoke, balancing the phone between her ear and shoulder while bringing out the cutlery to serve breakfast in. She frowned when she saw that one of the bowls were not washed properly. Sighing, she picked up a glass bowl instead. 

"Good morning Mrs. Sung, I'm Lee Jiah, I hope I'm not bothering you by calling you this early?" questioned Lee Jiah, causing Ari to chuckle, "Nonsense, please go on..." the girl urged. "Well Mrs. Sung I'm calling from the entertainment industry." Ari froze at those words.

"Our new chairman was going through all the files of idols and came up on yours. He felt that everyone had the right to fall in love as well as bring their dreams to life. You are not the only one that this has happend to. Many young and talented idols were rejected because of them being in a relationship. But anyways.... 

"Mrs. Sung, I'm sure you are well aware of the Global K-pop festival that is held every 5 years. It is the best chance for idols to kick-start their careers. We ourselves choose the participants and give them the opportunity to perform. To make sure that all chosen members perform to their level best, a training camp will be hosted at venue-XXX. We hope to see you there."

"Congragulations Sung Ari, only the best candidates are chosen to participate in this contest, and you are one of them. I wish you luck." with that said Lee Jiah cut the call, not bothering for a response from the still shocked girl. 

The glass bowl in Ari's hand shattered as it met with the floor. This sound caught the attention of both siblings present in the house. "Ari/Unnie!!" both of them called out simultaneously as they quickly made their way to the entrance of the kitchen. Glass pieces covered the entire floor, yet the girl in the middle seemed unbothered.

"U...nnie?" called out Jinah hesitantly, causing the older girl to finally snap out of the trance she was in. Jinwoo quickly made his way to her, after signalling her to not move from her spot, making sure not to step on the glass pieces. Once he reached her, he quickly lifted her bridal style and walked to the living room with her still in his arms. He then gently lowered Ari on the couch and kneeled down on one leg.

He placed her left foot on his thigh as he checked her foot for any injuries. He did the same with her other leg as Jinah got Ari a glass of water from the jug placed on the table. Jinah sat next to her sister-in-law as she gave her the glass. Ari smiled gratefully at the younger girl as she chugged down the water.