6-bittersweet moments

SARAKSHI'S POV:

"SHUT UP"
a hard slap landed on my face and to your surprise, it was not my dear step father it was my mother!

"Who told you to say yes hn?"
*slap*
This time it was my step father!

My legs wobbled and I fell down.
I felt a pain on my cheek and I could feel blood on my lips.
I kept my head low, as I've always done.
I cried silently. I knew this was going to happen, I was aware of it.

Do I feel hurt? No. This has been happening to me for the last ten years. I'm used to it.

"Jaha bhi jaogi, naukaro ki zindagi hi milegi tumhe" He said, grabbing my hair harshly.
(Wherever you go, you will find the life of servants only.)

"Ahhh please leave me, it hurts" I cried out

"Ye.. Yahi aukat hai tumhari,bhik mangna, gidgidana, kya samjhti ho tum apne aap ko, koi maharani ho tum?"
( This...this is your status, begging, pleading, do you think you are a queen?)

They kept saying things like these, for I don't know how long, I didn't even paid any attention to what they were saying. I had just one question in my mind..... Why? Why dadda, why did you leave me? Alone? Why did you leave me alone?

Why didn't you take me with you? Why do I have to go through this? All alone. it doesn't matter to anyone whether I live or die,it would have been better if you took me with you.

I sobbed harder remembering dad.
I wish.........I wish you were here with me.

"Kash mar jati apni baap ke sath, kam se kam ye bojh hamare sar toh na hota" I heard my mother saying.
(I wish you had died with your father, at least this burden would not have been on us.)

"Mai bhi yahi chahti hu...mai bhi yahi chahti hu, nahi jeena mu... mujhe, nahe rehne mu..mujhe ap logo ke sath" I said crying my heart out.
(I also want this...I also want this, I don't want to live...I don't want to live with you guys.)

Why did I say this, why? I always remain silent cause I know what the consequences will be.

"don't you dare speak in between" he said and harshly pulled me by the hair and threw me to the floor.

My back hurts like hell, my vision was getting blurred, because of how much I was crying.

"And why did you say yes Manish? She's not worthy of getting married to the Singh's, they are the most powerful and rich businessman in India"
My mother asked looking towards him

"Don't worry, there's a reason why I agreed Anuradha... . There's a reason" He said smirking

"What reason?" She asked.

"For the sake of their reputation they have to do things which we say... .. After all, we are going to be relatives soon. Kuch kam toh ayegi ye" My step father said, pointing his hands towards me.
(She'll be of some use)

How can he be this greedy, he is doing this for his own benefit.

After a few minutes they left, but I was still there,curled up on the floor crying.

I stayed there for some more time and then went to my room. I sat in my bed, resting my head on the Headboard. I grabbed my diary and started writing about all the things that happened today as a report to dadda. A habit I acquired in the last ten years.

I write everything in my diary, from smallest achievements to biggest failure.....Everything, in hopes that dadda is reading and to let him know what is going on in his princess's life.