CH : 12 - A different point of view

[OMG!
I never expected to get over 1k views! Thank you so much to whoever is reading this. I feel bad about disappearing for a month. (╥﹏╥) I had three exams last week and there is more were that came from. I just reread the whole story since I've already forgotten what I wrote and I was amazed to point of asking myself if I really wrote this.]

✧༺✦✮✦༻✧
_______________________________________

Lan Qiren pov :

Lan Qiren was just doing his normal routine and getting ready to welcome a few students when Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian came to him with a ... hostage?

They told him that she was stalking them.

He asked what they were doing outside past curfew and made sure that Wangji would punish Wei Wuxian.

They left the female with Lan Qiren and got out of the great hall.

He studied the female before asking questions. She was obviously a cultivator but somehow he couldn't interpret how high her cultivation was.

That could only mean one thing.

Her cultivation was higher than his.

He started asking questions.

"Who are you and why were you stalking my nephew along with one of the guest students?"

He thought that she would lie and he would need to push for more answers.

He didn't have to do that. Without hesitation or so it seemed, she responded "I want to study at the cloud recesses as well. I didn't know who they were. I simply saw them fighting so gracefully that I was mesmerized. As for who I am, I am just a wandering cultivator named Ya Meiying."

Lan Qiren was surprised to say the least. To think that she would give out her name so recklessly.

Obviously he could not ignore the part of the two fighting but that would have to wait.

That being said, he was thinking about what she wanted.

To study at cloud recesses.

He thought that it wouldn't be too bad as long as he was careful. She did after all have a higher cultivation than him.

She could be a spy all for he knew.

Even though the possibilities were endless, he still decided to let her study with the rest of the young masters.

After all, there was a saying in this world :

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

To say that he was shocked would be an understatement when she showed up on the day of introductions carrying such valuable objects as a mere gift.

Lan Qiren was now sure of one thing.

Ya Meiying does not have an ordinary background.

To bring something this valuable as a gift would mean that there was not a shortage of this kind of treasure wherever she came from.

Maybe she came from the mountain of the immortal BaoShen Sanren?

Either way ....

He had to maintain a neutral relationship with her!

Though he didn't directly approach her he made sure no-one was acting all high and mighty around her.

Imagine his fright when he saw her hanging out with Wei Wuxian.

Could she not have chosen better friends?

There was another troublesome event that occurred involving her. Though it wasn't anything major she still broke a rule which could get her expelled from studying seeing as she didn't have have an obvious backer to become enemies with.

Though he took control of that incident, it would be hard to do it again.

One would think that he let her off punishment was because he was 'kind'.

But that is wrong.

If she had been punished without the reason coming out then a few scandals may or may not arise.

She could even be expelled for as little as staying out after curfew.

Because of all this, he made her promise to not break any rules again during her stay in the cloud recesses.

A promise to a cultivator is like an oath to prove ones honor.

Having made a promise, Lan Qiren was sure that she wouldn't break any rules again.

_______________________________________

Lan Wangji pov :

While Lan Wangji was fighting with Wei Wuxian, he suddenly felt a presence.

Distracted from his fight with Wei Wuxian, he got blow, though not fatal to the stomach.

He didn't feel too much pain from the hit and continued directing his attention to a tree.

Seemingly hiding there, the figure seemed to move a little when the attention was diverted to her.

In the middle of the fight Wei Wuxian was stunned.

He was dumbfounded and questioned what was happening.

It didn't take long before he too started to pay attention to whoever was hiding in the tree.

"Who are you? And why are you spying on us?"

Wei Wuxian wasted no time between these two questions and jumped from the roof directly to the tree.

Lan Wangji didn't make the same reckless move but instead took out his sword and got ready to fight just in case.

Weirdly enough, the female did not put up a fight and did as they told ger when being captured.

After delivering her to his uncle, he quickly left to get to his room.

It was after all still way past curfew.

After classes had begun, Lan Wangji started seeing her more often.

They would never divulge in a conversation bit some formal greetings were done.

The female herself was a good cultivator in the eyes of the second jade.

Though he thought to himself that she needed a better understanding of who to befriend and who not to.

Seeing as she was still sane after hanging out with Wei Wuxian, he quickly let that thought away.

But with a new weird feeling inside.

Whenever she is with Wei Wuxian, he gets a murky feeling inside.

A feeling of discomfort and his inner thoughts telling him to separate them.

The feeling quickly dissipated as weirdly as it came to exist when he noticed how the lady in question seemed to be in love with his shidi.

If so then according to Wei Wuxians personality, she was bound to hang out with him a lot so that she would be able to receive his somewhat unnecessary support.

All these details made him feel relaxed.

She didn't think of Wei Wuxian as anything more than a friend.

All in all, the lady herself made quite the bad first impression.

Though that does not have any meaning by now seeing as Lan Wangji bow sees her as a strong cultivator with a righteous persona.

Though that may seem doubtful at times, it is what it is.

That is still his only impression of her and he does not plan on changing it anytime soon.

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳