Part 70

Everyone starts telling stories about her. When you get a free moment, you grab your phone and call Leah.

Leah: Hey, babe, how did it go?

Y/n: It was beautiful, I just wish you were here. I need a hug, right now.

Leah: My love, I wish I could give you one... I'll be the first thing I'll do when you'll come back, tonight.

Y/n: I hope so.

You talk to Leah for one or two minutes more. You go hug your brothers and dad, then you go out of the place, get in your car. You drive to London, where the girls are playing. They don't know you'll be there, you either, but you need to play, to pay tribute to your mom. But you need to warn Jonas about it, you call him.

Jonas: Y/n, how are you?

Y/n: Can I play?

Jonas: Aren't you at Harlow?

Y/n: I left, I'm pulling into the Training Centre parking lot, can I play?

Jonas: Are you sure you're in a good mindset for it?

Y/n: Yeah, I need to.

Jonas: Okay, get in, I'm just about to have a meeting with the girls before we get in the bus.

Y/n: Okay.

You end up the phone call. You park, then get out of the car, walk the front door of the Training Centre and head to the meeting room. During that time...

Jonas: Girls, Y/n is on her way, she's gonna play with us. I think she needs to.

Leah: She's in Harlow.

Jonas: No, I had her on the phone. She just pulled into the parking lot.

Leah: What?

Jonas: Are you all okay with Y/n playing with us, today?

The whole team agrees with you playing. At this exact moment, you walk in the meeting room. Leah instantly stands up and hugs you tightly.

Y/n: I need to play for her, babe.

Leah: Okay, it's all fine.

You stay quiet through the whole meeting, you all get in the bus and head to Meadow Park. Leah holds your hand as you walk into the changing room. You get in the zone, you listen to the pep talk and go out for the kick-off.

Kick-off:

19': Goal for Arsenal from Y/n Beckham.

31': Goal for Arsenal from Katie McCabe

33': Goal for Arsenal from Y/n Beckham

42': Yellow card for Liverpool: Leighanne Robe

Half-Time:

Jonas takes you off, you aren't angry due to the situation that you're going through. You sit on the bench for the second half, you look at the sky smiling because you know you have done her proud.

46': Substitute for Arsenal: Caitlin Foord replaces Y/n Beckham

52': Substitute for Arsenal: Laura Weinroither replaces Noelle Maritz

56': Substitute for Liverpool: Megan Campbell replaces Leighanne Robe

56': Substitute for Liverpool: Megan Furness replaces Ceri Holland

62': Goal for Arsenal from Caitlin Foord; decisive pass from Kim Little

64': Substitute for Liverpool: Charlotte Wardlaw replaces Rhiannon Roberts

66': Substitute for Liverpool: Carla Humphrey replaces Missy Bo Kearns

77': Substitute for Arsenal: Frida Maanum replaces Lia Walti

End of the match: 4-0 for Arsenal

You get pulled for an interview by the BBC.

Alex: Y/n, first of all, we are all so sorry for your loss, I'm guessing you were out there playing for your mom, today?

Y/n: Yeah, obviously, I attended her funeral, this morning. But I know she would have want me to play, so I did.

Alex: I'm sure, she's proud of you, Y/n.

Y/n: I hope so.

Alex: A double, your fourth one since the beginning of the season. You are still in the course for the WSL Golden Boot, how does that feel?

Y/n: I don't really pay attention to that, I try to do my job as best as I can. If I can score, I score, otherwise I try to help the team as much as I can.

Alex: You definitely did, Y/n.

You feel someone coming from behind. Leah runs to you in mid interview.

Leah: Hey guys...

Alex: Leah, what a match, uh?

Leah: Yeah, incredibly proud of this one.

Leah puts a hand around your waist, then pull you closer to kiss your cheek.

Leah: She deserves the world. She went through difficult weeks and she came from Harlow to play an amazing match, today. Just so proud of my wife.

Alex: Y/n, what's it like to playing for this team?

Y/n: They are such a great group. Through probably the hardest weeks of my life, the girls were patient, supportive and were there for me, Leah and my family.

Alex: Y/n, it's with great pleasure to give you Player of the Match, well deserved.

Y/n: Thank you so much, talk to you later.

You walk off to the team, with Leah, who are waiting for you. They all hug you pretty tightly, so proud of you. Suddenly, someone taps you on your shoulder, you turn around and see your brothers and your dad. You hug your dad instantly.

David: I'm so proud of you, sweetheart. She's so proud of you...

You start crying, something that you try to avoid during the whole match. You keep holding your dad.

Y/n: How are you here?

David: Romeo saw you leaving the place. We all knew you would be here... And then, we got tickets through Leah and Jonas.

You look at Leah who enjoying her time, smiling and laughing with the girls.

David: Keep a hold of that one, sweetheart.

Y/n: Dad, she's stuck with me for life.

You keep looking at Leah, smiling. Leah notices this, she walks towards you, followed by Beth, Viv, Katie and Caitlin. They all say hi, Leah hugs your dad and your brothers.

Brooklyn: Thank you, girls.

Viv: For what?

Brooklyn: For looking after our sister, thank you so much.

Katie: Your sister is amazing.

Beth: We will always be there for her.

Y/n: Thank you, girls.

Caitlin: Arsenal is family, and we take care about family.

After celebrating with the girls, you get back on the bus, get back to the Training Center. Then, Leah drives you back to your house. You get in bed after an emotional day. Leah joins you.

Leah: Well, we have no kids for a week. How are you feeling?

Y/n: Tired.

Leah: Come here.

You cuddle up to her. You fall asleep to Leah kissing your forehead and whispering: "Everything will be fine".