CHAPTER TWELVE

LUCIAN'S POV

   "P..p.lease s.ir...am..so." I shot him in the head not wanting to hear his pathetic pleas.

       "Well another man down" rex spoke up opening the door while we walked out.

     Its been two weeks since that awful incident, and sally and her children have been missing, rex and jeremy went back to an empty house, they didn't even pack anything but what was i expecting they wouldn't obviously wait behind, i could have sent some guards there immediately. 

     Crystal is still unconscious but her body is responding to treatment well , her bruises are healing and her colour is back to normal but i am no where near normal.

         "You know...you have to stop killing people just because they don't know their whereabout" rex chided pouring whiskey into two glasses.

           "Am trying" i said taking a large gulp from the glass he offered me.

            "Yeah right" he bit back causing me to smile.

       "Hey baby" i physically cringed while rex gagged and walked out of the room.

              "What is it" i asked going straight to the point.

         "Can't i visit my fiance anymore"she cooed placing her well manicured hands on my chest.

          "Well am busy" i removed her hands and walked towardsthe door wanting to be far away from her.

        "Hey...its not fair" she stomped her feet on the ground while i just scoffed.

    What's not fair is that my mate is lying unconscious in the hospital and i couldn't even capture the people who did that to her.

     I went straight to the garage and sped out driving straight  to the hospital. 

        "Good morning Alpha" louis greeted while bowing slightly, i nodded in response.

        "How is she" i asked while walking through the door.

         "Her body is showing signs of recovery and her bones are also healing so she should be fine" i sighed and walked towards her bedside gently removing stubborn strands of hair that were in her face.

     I heard the door click shut letting me know that louis stepped out. I stood by the window watching the hospital premises as her faint heartbeat kept me steady.

       My phone chimed and i checked it to see a message from Rex.

          "Your dad is getting worried...you should see him" was all the text read, i knew he would be worried even close members of the pack are probably wondering what crawled up my ass.

       I have been more grumpy than ever, always sending glares here and there, if i was scary before now i am probably more terrifying.

      I sent a quick okay, pecking crystal's forehead before leaving but not before notifying louis.

      I drove back to my house to freshen up and changed into something light before heading to my dad's house which is up north in the estate.

          "Good morning alpha" his butler greeted as i walked in while i nodded my head in response. His house was quiet as usual save for the faint piano playing in the background, he always loved soft background music.

    I walked towards the garden where i knew he would be and just i like thought he was seated on one of the benches under a tree which serves as a shade.