Andarna Backstory

Date: 2/20/2024 I am currently on Page: 0 of Iron Flame (I just finished Fourth Wing). This is going to be Andarna's 'backstory' of why she was able to bond.

----------------------------------------------------

Andarna stretched her wings in the early morning sunlight. The Vale was bustling with commotion, as one-hundred dragons prepared themselves for Threshing. Excitement bubbled in her chest, she couldn't wait.

She rose from her curled position and began to stride towards the group of dragons. Several gave her odd glances, but remained in formation. The Feathertail glided and weaved in and out of the horde, finding a comfortable spot in the shade of an oak tree so large even Tairn could fit underneath it.

Speaking of Tairn, there he was. He had to be five times the size of her, and was one of the elder dragons that cared for her. HIm and Sgaeyl were her current 'monitors' making sure she didn't get into any trouble.
"Andarna!" He ordered, "You're too young, I never should've let you go to Presentation in the first place, you can't go to Threshing-" But the group of dragons began to fly, and Andarna followed them as fast as her wings could fly her. Furious, Tairn took off after her, beating his wings just as furiously. He was too large and had to try and circle the side of dragons, and soon lost sight of her.

A few hours later he saw Andarna being viciously attacked by a group of riders, and one lone rider defended her. He sighed; she probably already bonded with that rider.

She was stubborn, that was for sure.