PART 42

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I must be sleep deprived or something is definitely fucking wrong with my ears.

"You are done with what?" I asked, my voice calm, concealing the turmoil within.

"I am done with you and this marriage," She replied with a weary sigh.

She looks worn out, with dark circles under her eyes. It's clear she hasn't been sleeping well. My heart aches at the thought of her struggling to sleep.

"You seem exhausted," I observed, studying her worn face, our eyes locking.

"That I am," She nodded.

"Let's head home so you can get some proper rest," I suggested.

"I am not going anywhere with you, Vivaan," She declared.

"What's wrong with you, lavender?" I asked, my worry growing.

"I already told you, Vivaan," she replied, shutting down any attempt at conversation.

"Can we just sit and talk?" I implored, moving closer and gently touching her cheek.

"There is nothing to talk about, Vivaan," She replied.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, a mixture of hope and fear in my voice, gently caressing her cheek.

"I realized something," She replied.

"What?" I asked and she leaned into my touch.

I smiled. She must have missed me as much as I missed her. She must have been unable to sleep just like me. She must have realized she loves me deeply, just as I do her. She must have acknowledged that she can't imagine life without me, just like I can't without her. She must have recognized that I am her home, just as she is mine. She must have seen that her smile fades when we're apart, just like mine did.

"I realized that I don't love you," she dropped the bomb, and my thumb paused on her cheek. Disbelief and pain surged through me.

No fucking way. I should visit a doctor because something is definitely fucking wrong with my ears.

"I didn't feel that a part of my life was missing when I was away from you. I was happy when I was away from you. I was...." I cut her off.

"Stop fucking lying," I yelled, my frustration boiling over.

"I swear if you utter one more lie, I don't even know what I'll do," I warned, desperate for her to take back those words.

"See that's your problem. You never want to hear me. You never care what I feel. You never cared about me," She said and tears shined in her eyes.

"I dare you to say that again," I said through gritted teeth.

"Don't start this power game," She hissed.