Chapter 51 - Revelations

Ryder POV🦁

I have no idea what was going through her mind. But I knew that something was wrong since she was really quiet the whole ride back.

After Anna had spoken to Lilah, I had gone up to meet her. She didn't say much apart from hugging me and apologising, so I knew that Anna had worked her magic somehow. I mean, I wasn't surprised who could not like Anna she was amazing. After promising to hang out with Lilah more, Anna and I left straight after as it was getting late, and she had to get home. Coach and his wife hugged Anna tightly as we said our goodbyes, and she promised to visit them soon.

Although things were sorted with Lilah, I could tell something was wrong with Anna now.

She avoided all conversations with me with non-commital or one-word answers and would not even make eye contact with me as I parked up in front of her house.

I turned around to look at her, and although she knew I was looking at her, she chose to keep looking down at her intertwined fingers on her lap, fidgeting with them. She was deep in thought and did not even realize that we were at her house.

I wanted to take her back to mine and sort out whatever it was that was bothering her, but I had promised Colton that I would meet up with him to sort some stuff out.

I rested my head on the steering wheel with my fingers gripping it and let out a deep sigh while I closed my eyes.

"Are we going to talk about this princess because it's clear that something is bothering you, and I don't understand why you won't just tell me what it is?"

I opened my eyes, and from the corner of my eyes, I could see she was nodding her head, still looking down at her lap. I sit up and turn around to look at her, noticing that she still wouldn't make eye contact with me.

'' Its nothing Rider I'm just really tired and once I have a good nights sleep I'll feel much better'' she mumbles.

I knew she was lying and how her mood had changed after she had come down from speaking with Lilah, which made me wonder if there was something that they had spoken about to make her behave this way. It was starting to piss me off that she wouldn't tell me what it was and that she was acting all distant with me.

The more I thought about it, the more enraged I became
''f***"
I hit my hands on the steering wheel, and I could feel her flinch next to me
"Why the f*** won't you talk to me considering how you are the queen of conversations and how you always talk about how we need to have better communication between us. Yet when it's your turn to talk, I get nothing from you''.

She just shakes her head again, still not looking at me, and I feel my anger building up.

Just when I am about to say something, she softly speaks' 'What did you talk to Lilah about?''. I just look at her '

'Well, why would I want to tell you anything when you don't seem to tell me anything?''

I knew I was acting childish, but I really needed to know what was bothering her. I mean, I was trying to do everything possible to make this relationship work, and she was not even helping.

Instead, I decided to put the ball in her court again.''What did she say to you?''

She snaps her head up and looks at me a million emotions running through her eyes. ''Nothing she didn't say nothing to me''

I could tell she was lying, and I glared at her ''Of course, she said something to you. Why would you be acting this way with me otherwise. I swear to God, if you don't tell me what she told you, I'm gonna drive right back there and ask her what it is that she said there's making you act like this.''