044. "new romantics"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞"

new romantics - taylor swift

———

CHAPTER 44
"NEW ROMANTICS"

[real life, instagram]

matt and melina walk into the living room to find all their friends smiling widely at them and avi watching tv not caring about what was going on around her. "well?! are you together or not!" izzy yells standing on her tippy toes impatiently.

melina glances down at her hand that was laced together with matt's and moves to stand beside him to reveal their hands with a wide smile on her face. immediate screams and cheers are heard around the room as all their friends run over to engulf them into hugs.

at the loud commotion avi runs over to join the group and pushing through everyone to get to melina. when she sees her sister she looks up at her and matt confused. "can i go play outside in the rain too?" she asks with pleading eyes smiling.

"when you're bigger you can join us next time okay?" melina replies trying to fool her sister into dropping the conversation. "how much bigger?" avi asks now looking at matt for an answer. "um when you finally learn how to tie your own shoes." he says as avi's eyes widen looking down at her velcro strapped shoes.

avi then glances down at melina's shoes and sees that they were untied. she furrows her brows confused pointing "meli's shoes are not bunny ears and she got to go! why not me?" she exclaims frowning. everyone looks down laughing at what avi said as matt stares at melina dumbfounded.

nick snorts "yikes, she got you there." he laughs making everyone laugh with him. "anyway, i waited years for this! oh my god! finally!" madi yells jumping up and down excitedly pulling melina into her, making her laugh.

"thanks to me, you guys finally solved your shit." nick says nodding his head confidently, referring to him being the one that sent melina upstairs to get the tripod in the first place. "okay nick." matt says laughing as nick turns to him "what! it's true!" he exclaims.

"thank you nick." melina says laughing pulling into a hug. the commotion stops when they hear marylou coming from the garage and into the kitchen with jimmy. "why is my kitchen floor covered in muddy footprints?" she says going into the living room to find out what happened.

marylou walks into the room with her hand on her hips with a confused look on her face when seeing matt and melina were drenched from head to toe. "there's your answer honey." jimmy says also with confusion, letting out a quiet laugh.