029. "yellow beanie"

"𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐮𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐫"

power & control - marina

———

CHAPTER 29
"YELLOW BEANIE"

[real life, instagram]

it was almost 10 pm when matt, nick, and chris were out filming their next video. they were currently in the car, eating mcdonald's. the entire time matt was speaking, not letting nick or chris interrupt him like usual.

for some reason for the past 5 minutes matt kept talking about some guy that crashed his tesla. he really only brought it up because he saw seth showing his friends the video. matt made nate send him the video after.

"he put hella money down on a tesla—" matt continues until nick cuts him off. "matt. i get it. i really do, now let's move on." he states gesturing for the topic to be switched.

then as they were about to talk about something else, matt's phone rings loudly in his hand. he glances down at the screen and hits the decline button when seeing it was melina calling him.

he puts his phone down on his lap and continues listening to what chris was talking about. "so what i'm saying is—"

then matt's phone rings again.

nick groans loudly from the back in his seat. "matt! turn your fucking do not disturb on!" he exclaims sharing a look with chris.

chris watches matt grab his phone again. "just cut this out later. it's melina." he says declining the call for the second time.

immediately it rings again, matt shuts his eyes in annoyance this time answering the call knowing that if he kept ignoring her she wouldn't stop.

"god, what do you want? i'm busy." matt answers in an agitated tone as melina's face appears on the screen. "i don't want shit from you. unfortunately she does." she replies then matt notices avi trying to take the phone from melina, he immediately plasters a smile onto his face. "hey avi." he says not missing melina's eye roll beside avi's head.

"aren't you supposed to be asleep already?" he asks avi then waits for the little girl's response. instead melina speaks up for her "yeah, but she wanted to talk to you." matt glances up at the camera, without thinking he says "i didn't ask you." his response makes nick slap him on the shoulder.

chris takes the phone from matt's grasp as he eats a fry. "hey guess what, me and layla going out next week! we're going to paint cups." he says excitedly. melina smiles at the wide grin on his face. "aw chris, that's great!" she laughs taking a sip of her water bottle that was on the nightstand.